Getting Your Diploma

When you walk across the stage to receive your diploma, don’t be surprised to find you have been handed just a cover with no diploma inside. Since final grades will not have been posted yet, actual diplomas are not distributed at the commencement ceremony. Instead, if you were approved to graduate in May (spring semester), your diploma will be mailed approximately eight–10 weeks after the ceremony to the address you provided on the Application for Graduation form. For those students who participated in the May ceremony but are planning to graduate in August (summer semester) or December (fall semester), you can expect to receive your diploma approximately eight–ten weeks after the semester ends, provided all academic and financial requirements have been met.

Diplomas will include your name, degree, and any honors received. The Office of the Registrar will order your diploma using the name entered in the database when you were admitted to Berklee College of Music, unless you have indicated differently on the Application for Graduation form. Since all diplomas will be mailed, be sure the permanent address on file with the Registrar’s Office is correct. If you would like to check or update the address where your diploma will be sent, please contact Arielle Schwalm-Levine at

Some Frequently Asked Questions about Diplomas