Berklee provides the highest-quality educational experience in music, dance, and theater to prepare students to fully realize their creative and career potential, and to promote the power of the arts to better our world.
At Berklee, we believe that an education in the arts deepens cultural awareness and empathy, enhances self-confidence and personal growth, and develops the openness and curiosity essential to creativity.
Our ability as a community to bring these beliefs to life is built on a shared commitment to uphold these fundamental values:
- We learn from the past to create the future.
- We respect the rights, dignity, and creative expression of all.
- We expect honesty and integrity in all interactions.
- We have the courage to be authentic.
- We take responsibility for our actions.
- We care for each other and for the well-being of our community.
Our fundamental values, drafted in 2019 and refined through community feedback, were published in 2020.