Berklee (inclusive of Berklee College of Music, Boston Conservatory at Berklee, Berklee Online, and Berklee's campus in Valencia, Spain) is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education* (NECHE) and authorized by the Massachusetts Department of Higher Education. Inquiries regarding the accreditation status by the Commission and authorization by the state of Massachusetts should be directed to the administrative staff of the institution. Individuals may also contact:
*As of August 1, 2018, the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Commission on Institutions of Higher Education is listed on the Department of Education's list of recognized accrediting agencies as the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE).
Our most recent official confirmations of accreditation are as follows:
- 2019 NECHE Proof of Accreditation.pdf
- 2018 NEASC Fifth Year Interim Report Approval
- 2017 NEASC Proof of Accreditation
- 2016 Commonwealth of Massachusetts Merger Approval
- 2016 NEASC Approval of Master's Degrees in Boston
- 2015 NEASC Approval of Master's Degrees in Valencia
Berklee submitted additional reports to NEASC as follows:
- 2017 Substantive Change Request: Online Master's Degrees
- 2017 Substantive Change Evaluation: Merger with Boston Conservatory
- 2016 Substantive Change Request: Master's Degree Programs, Boston Campus
- 2016 Substantive Change Request: Merger with The Boston Conservatory
- 2013 Berklee Self-Study for Reaccreditation
- President Roger H. Brown's official letter to the community regarding our 2013 reaccreditation effort
Additional Accreditation and Approvals
BerkleeNYC has approval from the New York State Department of Education (NYSED), effective May 5, 2020. Accreditation from NECHE is currently pending.
Berklee's music therapy programs are approved by the American Music Therapy Association (AMTA), which is affiliated with the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM).
- Approval for Bachelor of Music in Music Therapy
- Approval for Master of Arts in Music Therapy
- Application report for Master of Arts in Music Therapy (NASM)
- Supplemental application report for Master of Arts in Music Therapy (AMTA)
Annual NASM Accreditation Data Survey