2023 NECHE 10-Year Reaccreditation
2023 NECHE Reaccreditation Process
Berklee (inclusive of Berklee College of Music, Boston Conservatory at Berklee, Berklee Online, Berklee NYC, and Berklee's campus in Valencia, Spain) has been continuously accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE) since 1973 and was last reviewed in 2013. Berklee has been engaged in the process of self-study to demonstrate to NECHE that Berklee meets its nine Standards of Accreditation as part of a comprehensive evaluation conducted every 10 years as required by the commission. This comprehensive evaluation includes our self-study report, an on-site evaluation in spring 2023, and a review and decision on our accreditation status. Learn more about our upcoming comprehensive evaluation.
The self-study process involves review, reflection, assessment, and planning by Berklee administrators, faculty, and students. This site will be regularly updated with documents and information allowing the Berklee community and public to understand and fully participate in the accreditation process.
Berklee's Self-Study Report
In preparation for the reaccreditation, Berklee administrators, faculty, and students have been engaged in a year-long process of assessment, reflection, and planning resulting in a comprehensive self-study report that is now available.
Steering Committee Chair: Sharon Kramer
- Standard 1: Mission and Purposes, Chair: David Bogen
- Standard 2: Planning and Evaluation, Chair: Sharon Kramer
- Standard 3: Organization and Governance, Chair: Melissa Howe
- Standard 4: The Academic Program, Chair: Robert Lagueux
- Standard 5: Students, Co-Chairs: Chris Reade, Damien Bracken
- Standard 6: Teaching, Learning, and Scholarship, Chair: Roya Hu
- Standard 7: Institutional Resources, Co-Chairs: Eileen Alviti, Richard Hisey, Phillip Knutel, Stefano Falconi
- Standard 8: Educational Effectiveness, Chair: Becky Prior
- Standard 9: Integrity, Transparency, and Public Disclosure, Co-Chairs: Andrea Di Cocco, Nick Balkin
- Office of the President Representative: Kaitlin Passafaro
- Accreditation Project Manager/Analyst: Judith Munoz
NECHE 2023 Evaluation Team
- Standard 1: Paul Hogle, President, Cleveland Institute of Music
- Standard 2: Michael Whitcomb, Director of Institutional Research, Wesleyan University
- Standard 3: Mark Somerville, Provost and Dean of Faculty, Franklin W. Olin College of Engineering
- Standard 4: Jeffrey Johnson, Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences, Marywood University
- Standard 5: Letizia Gambrell-Boone, Vice President for Student Affairs, Salve Regina University
- Standard 6: Don Wyatt, Distinguished Professor of History, Middlebury College
- Standard 7: Peter D. Wells, Vice President for Finance and Administration/Treasurer, Assumption University
- Standard 8 and 9: Natalia Blank, Vice President for Academic Affairs, D'Youville College
NECHE 2023 Accreditation Visit Schedule
For questions or more information, please contact Judith Munoz at firstname.lastname@example.org.