Berklee College of Music students must meet the following requirements to qualify for graduation:
- Attain at least a 2.70 cumulative GPA in major courses.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.00.
- Complete the principal instrument proficiency level, as specified by major.*
- Complete a required final project in the chosen area of concentration, as described and approved by the department chair (as applicable).
- Complete a minimum of four semesters of full-time attendance (also applies to candidates transferring from another school).
- For music education majors, complete all observation and student teaching requirements.
- For music therapy majors, complete all course work and a six-month, full-time, post-coursework internship.
*Students must earn all required instrumental credit on a single principal instrument. Credit earned in instrumental instruction on a non-principal instrument may be applied toward instrument lab (ILxx) requirements. Students with principal instruments in the bass, brass, string, percussion, or woodwind families may use private instruction credit on more than one instrument within their respective family toward this requirement.
In addition to successful completion of all requirements on My Progress in my.berklee.edu, students must complete a minimum number of credits to qualify for graduation.
|Program||Minimum Number of Credits|
|Degree in Music Education||128|
|Degree in Music Therapy||122|
|Double degree including music education||158|
|Double degree including music therapy||152|
At the time of graduation, students who have attained a cumulative GPA within the following limits will have their diplomas and records inscribed with the corresponding honors.
|Summa cum laude||3.85–4.00|
|Magna cum laude||3.70–3.84|
All students, including candidates transferring from another school, are normally required to complete four semesters of full-time attendance and a minimum of 60 credits (48 credits for diploma students) at Berklee College of Music in order to graduate. Credit by exam (CBX), advanced placement credit, CLEP credit, and transfer credit do not count as residency requirement credits, even if earned while at Berklee College of Music.