Submitting Transcripts for Transferring Credit

Official Transcripts

A transcript is considered official only if it is sent directly from an accredited college or university to Berklee, if it is delivered by a student in a sealed and stamped envelope to Berklee, or if it is electronically delivered from an official and secure electronic transcript service such as Parchment or the National Student Clearinghouse. Transcripts that have been opened or faxed are not considered official, and therefore are not acceptable for transfer credit. Grade reports are also not accepted for transfer credit.

Students should send or bring their transcripts to the appropriate Berklee office:

Prospective/Entering Students

Berklee College of Music
Office of Admissions
1140 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02215


Continuing/Returning Students

Berklee College of Music
Office of Registrar
1140 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02215

International Transcripts

Transcripts from all international institutions require an official translation to English and evaluation to American college standards by a certified credential evaluation service. The official translation must be mailed directly from the official translation service, or delivered in a sealed envelope to the Office of Admissions (prospective and entering students), or to the Office of the Registrar (continuing and returning students). Berklee recommends the following provider of translation and evaluation services:

Education Credential Evaluators, Inc.
PO Box 514070
Milwaukee, WI 53203-3470 USA
414 289-3400


Important note: This translation is required for all international transcripts, with the exception of Canadian transcripts. Be sure to remind any translation service that the translated transcript must include course names, the course credit values, and grades.