Get Ready for Registration

Back to Berklee text treatment Spring 2021 Registration: Only continuing and returning students will register for classes. If you are entering in the spring, you will be registered for courses by the Office of the Registrar the week before classes begin.

The spring 2021 semester will be a combination of on-campus and remote study; therefore, many of the policies in the registration guide do not apply for this semester. Please view the Spring Back to Berklee registration page for information specific to spring 2021.

Confirm Your Assigned Online Registration Time

Once the spring schedule of courses is available online in mid-November, students will receive their assigned registration times. The assigned online registration time that has been set up for you is the earliest date and time you can start registering for courses at You cannot register before this time, but you can register anytime afterwards. However, courses fill up rapidly, so we strongly encourage you to register at your assigned time to maximize your options. 

Online registration times are assigned based on seniority: students closest to the number of completed credits required for their program have the earliest times. They are only assigned from Monday through Friday during business hours; no registration times are assigned on the weekends or holidays.  

  • Your assigned online registration time can be found in your “Registration and Check-In Profile” under the Registration section on If you are having trouble locating your assigned online registration time, contact the Office of the Registrar at 617-747-2240 or

Seek out Advising

Undeclared students: Meet with your academic advisor to create your academic plan. Academic advisors are available for virtual appointments using Google Hangouts. Click here to schedule one (login required).

Ready to declare your major? Click here for instructions on how to virtually declare it (login required).

Upper semester and declared students: Email your major department advisor or chair for specific course and schedule questions. Most department advisors and/or chairs are also available to meet virtually; check your major department's web page for more information. If you still have questions, meet with your academic advisor for a 15-minute virtual appointment. Click here to schedule one (login required). 

All students can also chat with an academic advisor during daily drop-in hours. Click here for more information (login required).

Clear Any Restrictions That Could Block You from Registering 

Review your Registration and Check-In Profile to find out if Berklee has placed any restrictions on your ability to register. This screen is found under the Registration section on If you have any restrictions that would prevent you from registering, you will receive an email to let you know how to clear it. Make sure you check your email frequently to see if you have any restrictions that need to be cleared.



How to Clear the Restriction

Missing proof of high school graduation



Transfer release



EverFi restriction for “Sexual Assault Prevention” and/or “AlcoholEdu” course completion

Center for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion

Complete the EVERFI-required online course (login required), and email to confirm that you have completed it.

Balance due

Office of Student Accounts

Pay your balance. Contact the Office of Student Accounts at if you have any questions.

Second semester success hold

Student Success

Email Student Success at

Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)

Student Success 

Email Student Success at

Dean of Students hold

Student Affairs, Diversity and Inclusion

Contact Community Standards and Conflict Resolution at

Not Sure About Attending Berklee Next Spring?

  • Staff from the offices of the Registrar, Student Accounts, Student Financial Services, Student Success and Retention, and Academic Advising are available to help you make the best decision. Please feel free to email any of these offices to discuss your circumstances.
  • If you have decided to not attend next semester but would like to return to Berklee College of Music in a future term, you should complete a Returning Student Intent Form.