Graduating Class Application Steps
To determine if you are an eligible member of the 2022 graduating class, please:
- review the Graduation Planning Workshop;
- review your my.berklee.edu degree audit to check your requirement completion status;
- review your catalog year program requirements, as defined in your major grid;
- review the additional graduation requirements; and
- complete the Graduating Class Application to submit your record for evaluation and approval as a 2022 graduating class member, and indicate your participation in the 2022 commencement ceremony.
Graduating Class Application (login required)
The 2022 Graduating Class Application is due December 3, 2021. Failure to submit the application by the due date will delay processing of your academic record and diploma order, you will not be eligible to participate in the commencement concert, and your name will not be listed in the commencement ceremony program.
The Office of the Registrar will email you by Friday, February 4, 2022, regarding the approval or denial of your application.
Graduation Information and Policies
The 2022 graduating class includes students who complete all of their program requirements during the 2022 academic year. The 2022 academic year includes:
- the fall 2021 semester;
- the spring 2022 semester; and
- the summer 2022 semester.
Berklee College of Music graduates undergraduate students three times each academic year. The three graduation (i.e., conferral) dates are:
- the last day of the fall semester;
- the last day of the spring semester; and
- the last day of the summer semester.
If you complete your program requirements between graduation (i.e., conferral) dates, then you will graduate on the next date. You have not officially graduated until you complete all of your catalog year program requirements, as defined by your major grid and my.berklee.edu degree audit.
2022 graduating class members are required to complete the above Graduating Class Application to:
- submit their student record for evaluation and approval as a 2022 graduating class member; and
- indicate their participation in the 2022 commencement ceremony.
The Office of the Registrar will email you by Friday, February 4, 2022, regarding the approval or denial of your application. When you graduate, Berklee will email you to coordinate your diploma order.
For questions about planning your final semester(s) and completing your degree audit requirements, please schedule an appointment (login required) with an academic advisor or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
While Berklee College of Music does everything to help with the process, responsibility for meeting graduation requirements rests solely with each student.
Commencement is an annual event to celebrate each graduating class. Berklee’s main commencement ceremony occurs each May to celebrate a graduating class.
- Berklee’s 2022 commencement ceremony date is Saturday, May 7, 2022, and the 2022 commencement concert date is Friday, May 6, 2022.
Participation in commencement is optional, but encouraged. The commencement page will be updated regularly with important commencement information. Applicants who indicate they will participate in commencement will receive additional information from the Office of the Vice President of Student Affairs by February.
Students are permitted to participate in one commencement ceremony for each academic program completed (e.g., Professional Diploma, Bachelor of Music, Master of Music).
Approval to participate in a commencement ceremony does not indicate graduation.
Students planning to graduate in the summer 2022 semester may participate in the May 2022 commencement ceremony provided that, at the end of the spring 2022 semester, they:
- have 16 or fewer credits remaining (13 credits for diploma students);
- have no course sequences requiring enrollment beyond the summer 2022 semester; and
- have the ability and intent to complete all remaining degree audit program requirements during the summer 2022 semester.*
* Music therapy and music education students are permitted to complete their internship and/or student teaching requirements beyond the summer semester.
If you have questions regarding:
- your major/minor, contact your major/minor department chair;
- your private instruction or recital preparation, contact your principal instrument department;
- planning your final semester(s) and completing your degree audit requirements, contact email@example.com;
- the commencement ceremony, contact firstname.lastname@example.org;
- the commencement concert, contact email@example.com;
- policies and concerns for international students, contact firstname.lastname@example.org;
- transfer credits, contact email@example.com; or
- your degree audit and meeting graduation requirements, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.