Applying to Graduate
The deadline to apply to participate in the May 2017 annual commencement ceremony was October 14, 2016. The Application for Graduation form is currently closed for submission. Any applications at this time will not be considered.
To start the graduation process, you must first apply to graduate. If you are nearing the completion of your degree or diploma requirements (semester level six or above/level eight or above for dual majors) you must fill out and submit the online Application for Graduation form. You will get a confirmation email once you've submitted it successfully.
In order to determine if you are eligible for graduation, please follow these steps:
- Run a degree audit online at my.berklee.edu to confirm that you meet all requirements.
- Obtain your correct major grid.
- Click on the additional graduation requirements link at the top of the Major Grids page, and read it carefully.
Berklee has only one commencement ceremony per year, which is held in May. The commencement participation policy states that a student who needs no more than nine credit hours after the spring semester to complete all remaining degree or diploma course requirements may participate in the May commencement ceremonies only if they have:
- completed any course with an "Incomplete" by the end of the spring 2017 add/drop period;
- taken all credit-by-exam and AP/CLEP tests by the end of the spring 2017 add/drop period;
- submitted all transfer credits, including transfer credits from Berklee Online;
- had all potential curriculum exceptions made by department chairs sent to the Office of the Registrar; and
- met all other graduation requirements, such as completion of a portfolio, recital, etc.
In order for a student to maintain eligibility for commencement, all of the above items must be submitted to the Office of the Registrar by the end of the spring 2017 add/drop period.
The commencement participation policy is firm and not subject to appeal.
The Office of the Registrar will review all applications for eligibility. Students will be notified via email if there are any problems with their application. All students will be notified by the end of the spring 2017 add/drop period if they are eligible to participate in the ceremony.
Regardless of commencement attendance, all students wishing to graduate from Berklee must submit an application. Filling out the Application for Graduation form is the only way to notify Berklee of your graduation plans. Failure to submit the Application for Graduation form by the posted deadline will delay processing of your academic record and diploma order, and your name will not be listed in the ceremony program.
If you have questions about the application process, please contact the graduation and curriculum specialist, Arielle Schwalm-Levine, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Counseling and Advising Center as well as your departmental advisors are also available to assist you with your graduation plans. While we will do everything to help with the process, the final responsibility for meeting graduation requirements rests solely with each student.