The Graduation Application is the only way to notify Berklee of graduation and commencement ceremony plans.
Graduation Application Steps
Students near the completion of their academic program requirements, will be invited to submit a Graduation Application. To determine if you are an eligible member of the 2023 graduating class, please:
- review the Graduation Planning Workshop;
- review My Progress on my.berklee.edu to check your program requirements as defined in your major grid;
- review the additional graduation requirements; and
- Submit the graduation application
- The Office of the Registrar will notify students by email by Friday, February 10, 2023 to confirm the approval or denial of their 2023 Graduation Application.
The 2023 Graduation Application is due December 9, 2022. Failure to submit the Graduation Application by the December 9, 2022 deadline will:
delay processing of your academic record;
prevent the listing of your name in commencement ceremony program; and
jeopardize your ability to apply to participate in the commencement concert.
The Office of the Registrar will email you by Friday, February 10, 2023, regarding the approval or denial of your application.
Graduation Information and Policies
The 2023 graduating class includes students who complete all of their program requirements during the 2023 academic year. The 2023 academic year includes:
- the fall 2022 semester;
- the spring 2023 semester; and
- the summer 2023 semester.
Berklee College of Music graduates undergraduate students three times each academic year. The three graduation (i.e., conferral) dates are:
- the last day of the fall semester;
- the last day of the spring semester; and
- the last day of the summer semester.
If you complete your program requirements between graduation (i.e., conferral) dates, then you will graduate on the next date. You have not officially graduated until you complete all of your catalog year program requirements, as defined by your major grid and on my.berklee.edu.
While Berklee College of Music does everything to help with the process, responsibility for meeting graduation requirements rests solely with each student.
Commencement is an annual event to celebrate each graduating class.
- Berklee’s 2023 commencement concert date is Friday, May 12, 2023, and the 2023 commencement ceremony date is Saturday, May 13, 2023.
Participation in commencement is optional, but encouraged. The commencement page will be updated regularly with important commencement information. Applicants who indicate they will participate in commencement will receive additional information from the Office of the Vice President of Student Affairs in the spring semester.
Students are permitted to participate in one commencement ceremony for each academic program completed (e.g., Professional Diploma, Bachelor of Music, Master of Music).
Approval to participate in a commencement ceremony does not indicate graduation.
Students planning to graduate in the summer 2023 semester may participate in the May 2023 commencement ceremony provided that, at the end of the spring 2023 semester, they:
- have 16 or fewer credits remaining (13 credits for diploma students);
- have no course sequences requiring enrollment beyond the summer 2023 semester;
- have the ability and intent to complete all remaining degree audit program requirements during the summer 2023 semester; and
- register for the summer 2023 semester during spring registration in April to ensure completion of all remaining program requirements.
* Music therapy and music education students are permitted to complete their internship and/or student teaching requirements beyond the summer semester.
If you have questions regarding:
- your major/minor, contact your major/minor department chair;
- your private instruction or recital preparation, contact your principal instrument department;
- planning your final semester(s) and completing your degree audit requirements, contact firstname.lastname@example.org;
- the commencement ceremony, contact email@example.com;
- the commencement concert, contact firstname.lastname@example.org;
- policies and concerns for international students, contact email@example.com;
- transfer credits, contact firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- meeting graduation requirements, contact email@example.com.