Directory information is defined as:
- dates of attendance;
- semester level, term level, or class;
- enrollment status (full time, part time, withdrawn);
- program of study (master's degree, bachelor's degree, diploma, certificate, other);
- field of study (major, minor, concentration, institute, instrument);
- school email address;
- most recent educational institution attended;
- dean's list awards;
- degrees or credentials conferred, including honors and date(s) of conferral;
- class ensemble participation;
- private instruction teachers;
- artistic experience;
- participation in official clubs and activities, including Division III sports at Emerson College;
- photographic and video images;
- school mailbox number;
- hometown; and
- phone number.
All directory information is considered informational in nature and may be released without the student's permission unless the student chooses to opt out of the directory.
What It Means to Opt out of the Directory
In compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA), a student may request that no directory information be released to any person/agency outside Berklee without specific, student-written authorization.
If you request that no directory information be released, you should be aware of the following:
- The National Student Clearinghouse will still report your enrollment status to loan holders .
- A third party (i.e., a prospective employer) will need to submit, with each request they make for information, your written authorization before Berklee can release or verify any information about you.
- To avoid Berklee's noncompliance with or delay in response, you should provide written authorization to any agency, company, employers, etc. that may need to verify your enrollment or graduation information.
- Berklee publications, such as the commencement program or concert programs, will not list your name or other information about you.
- All requests to prevent disclosure of directory information will become effective within five working days of the date the request was received by the Office of the Registrar. Unless you choose to opt in again, your request will remain in effect on a continuing basis throughout your enrollment at Berklee, and Berklee assumes no liability as a result of honoring your request that directory information be withheld.
How to Opt out of the Directory
If you wish to opt out of the directory, please come to the Office of the Registrar in person to complete the necessary paperwork.