Registration occurs online at my.berklee.edu. You will be assigned an online registration time in early November (for spring registration) or April (for summer/fall registration), which will be the earliest date and time you can register. Online registration times are assigned to students by descending order of semester levels (highest to lowest) and within a semester level by the number of credits earned, and are scheduled for a time of day during the registration period when you are not in class.
You can find your assigned online registration time on your Registration Profile screen in the Academics section on my.berklee.edu. You cannot register before this time, but you can register anytime afterwards. However, courses fill up rapidly, so we strongly encourage you to register at your assigned time to maximize your options.
Search and Register for Classes
- From the side menu, click on the graduation cap for Academics.
- Click on Course Catalog.
- Select Advanced Search
- Under Term, select the term for which you are registering.
- Under Courses and Sections, select a subject and then a course number.
For example: to register for Art of Counterpoint, select the subject Counterpoint and enter course number 210. You can select a section later.
- Select Add More to enter more than three courses.
- When done, click Search.
On the left side of the screen, you can filter your results by checking the appropriate boxes.
For example view open sections only, view only one term, view by day of the week, etc.
Viewing the Courses
Each course will provide you with details about the course, requisites/pre-requisites, location, and when it is offered (term).
- Confirm that you have chosen the correct course before selecting a section.
Selecting a Section
- Under each course, click on View Available Sections.
- Scroll down the list and find the section in which you would like to register. You can view the dates, times, locations, and instructors.
To ensure you are selecting an open section, always check the Seats field for availability.
For example, 3/17/0 means the class limit is 17 and 3 seats are available.
- When you find your section, click Add Section to Schedule.
- At the next prompt, click Add Section.
Follow these steps for each course.
- When all of your sections have been chosen, click on the graduation cap for Academics.
- Select Student Planning & then Plan and Schedule.
- Before registering, confirm that you are viewing the correct Term. Change if necessary.
- Check the left side panel to confirm that all of your sections have been entered correctly. If necessary, you can change a section by selecting View Other Sections.
- When all of your sections are correct, select the Register Now button.
You will see that your planned credits have decreased and your enrolled credits have increased.
You have now successfully registered for your classes!
Registering for Private Instruction and/or Recital Preparation
Register for your Private Instruction and/or Recital Preparation before your other courses using Search and Register for Classes. See Private Instructors and Private Instruction and Recital Preparation Requirements for requirements, course codes, and available instructors.
Registering for Ensembles
Students are limited to registering for a specific number of ensembles during the registration period, according to instrument. This is to provide all students with an equitable way to register for ensembles. Once all assigned online registration times have passed, additional ensembles can be added. See Ensemble Information for details.
To view a current online listing of ensembles with open seats for your instrument, select the “Ensemble Players Needed” link under the Academics section on my.berklee.edu. Make note of the ensembles with available seats and try to add them.
Experiencing Technical Difficulties?
If you're running into technical problems when trying to register online, here are a few quick tips that may help solve them:
- Do not use the "Back" button on your browser. Use the menu items and links provided.
- Online registration does not support multiple tabs. Though you may be able to open multiple tabs, it is not recommended that you do so when registering online.
- The system may take some time to process your request, so be patient and do not click "Submit" more than once on each screen.
- When faced with error messages, sometimes quitting and restarting the browser and/or your computer before logging back in can help. Cookies, caches, and other settings on your specific machine may need updating. You can also try a different browser, or if you have access, a different machine.
If you need additional technical assistance, please email the Technology Service Desk at email@example.com or call 617-747-2238.
If you need assistance with other registration issues, please email One Stop Student Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.