Registration occurs online at my.berklee.edu. You will be assigned an online registration time in early November, which will be the earliest date and time you can register for courses for spring 2021. Online registration times are assigned to students by descending order of semester levels (highest to lowest) and within a semester level by the number of credits earned, and are scheduled for a time of day during the registration period when you are not in class.
You can find your assigned online registration time on your Registration and Check-In Profile screen in the Registration section on my.berklee.edu. You cannot register before this time, but you can register anytime afterwards. However, courses fill up rapidly, so we strongly encourage you to register at your assigned time to maximize your options.
Search and Register for Classes
You've done your planning, know which courses you'd like to take, and your assigned online registration time is here. You are now ready to register for your courses online.
Log in to my.berklee.edu and select “Search and Register for Classes” in the Registration section.
1. Search and Register for Classes allows you to select classes by searching the course catalog.
Fill out search criteria to limit the search results to the courses you are interested in taking.
- Term (required): choose the term for the courses for which you are searching.
- Location (required): choose campus location from the drop-down menu.
- Academic Level (required): choose from the drop-down menu.
- Subject (optional): choose a subject from the drop-down menu to limit results to the subject chosen.
- Course Number (optional): enter a course number to limit results to the course chosen.
- Section Number (optional): enter a section number to limit results to the section chosen.
- Class Meeting Time (optional): limit results to a specified time by using the provided drop-down menus.
- Day of Week (optional): select days on which you want your search results limited.
- Course Title Keyword (optional): enter a title or partial course title to limit results to courses that contain that title.
- Instructor’s Last Name (optional): enter an instructor’s last name to limit search results to those courses taught by the instructor entered.
- Only Show Open Courses (optional): select check box to toggle whether or not search results contain only open courses.
2. Click submit.
3. A result screen listing courses based on your criteria will be displayed.
4. Using the check boxes, select the classes that you would like to add to your schedule.
5. Click submit.
6. A confirmation screen will be displayed to verify the courses you selected.
7. Review information and click submit.
8. A result screen is displayed. The courses for which you are eligible will be added to your schedule with a status of Registered. (Note that it can take up to 24 hours for the registered course to appear.)
9. For any course that you are prevented from registering for, a message describing the reason why you were prevented will be displayed.
10. Links to the other registration tools can be accessed under the Students menu link found at the top right side of the screen.
Log in to my.berklee.edu and select “View/Change Schedule” in the Registration section.
View/Change Schedule displays classes for which you are registered and provides functionality to drop classes.
1. To drop a class, select the check box next to the course title.
2. Click submit.
3. A resulting schedule view will display courses for which you are registered.
Registering for Private Instruction and/or Recital Preparation
Register for your Private Instruction and/or Recital Preparation before your other courses using Search and Register for Classes. See Private Instructors and Private Instruction and Recital Preparation Requirements for requirements, course codes, and available instructors.
Registering for Ensembles
Students are limited to registering for a specific number of ensembles during the registration period, according to instrument. This is to provide all students with an equitable way to register for ensembles. Once all assigned online registration times have passed, additional ensembles can be added. See Ensemble Information for details.
To view a current online listing of ensembles with open seats for your instrument, select the “Browse Ensembles” link under the Registration section on my.berklee.edu. This report updates every five minutes, so make note of the ensembles with available seats and try to add them.
Experiencing Technical Difficulties?
If you're running into technical problems when trying to register online, here are a few quick tips that may help solve them:
- Do not use the "Back" button on your browser. Use the menu items and links provided.
- Online registration does not support multiple tabs. Though you may be able to open multiple tabs, it is not recommended that you do so when registering online.
- The system may take up to 15 seconds to process your request, so be patient and do not click "Submit" more than once on each screen.
- When faced with error messages, sometimes quitting and restarting the browser and/or your computer before logging back in can help. Cookies, caches, and other settings on your specific machine may need updating. You can also try a different browser, or if you have access, a different machine.
If you need additional technical assistance, please email the Technology Service Desk at email@example.com or call 617-747-2238.
If you need assistance with other registration issues, please email the Office of the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.