Internships and Funding
Gain Experience, Earn Course Credit
We encourage you to supplement the learning you receive in the classroom with hands-on experiential learning via an internship.
In dozens of cities around the world, Berklee interns:
- earn income and course credits;
- build marketable skills;
- establish professional relationships; and
- gain the inside perspective crucial for keeping pace with a changing industry.
Funding Your Internship
Have you started applying for or secured an internship? Consider applying for a Berklee fellowship.
- Receive funding to cover cost-of-living expenses while you intern.
- Access learning opportunities like mentorships and career workshops.
Note: Per the U.S. Department of Labor and the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), Berklee College of Music internship employers must provide a wage and/or require their Berklee interns to enroll in academic credit for their work. For more information, read these National Association of College and Employers (NACE) position papers on compensation and unpaid internships.