Take your internship to the next level.
Are you currently applying for internships? Did you just land an internship? Are you looking for financial support? Fellowships provide you with additional funding so you can pursue your internship and build your skills without worrying about living expenses, moving costs, and other related spending.
If you're awarded a fellowship, you will receive a living allowance while participating in your internship, as well as mentorship and, in some cases, workshops and other types of career-related programming.
Students must have secured an internship or applied to at least three internship sites.
Students must be eligibile for and enroll in an academic internship course.
Students are required to have a GPA of 3.0 or above.
Undergraduate and graduate students in any major/program from the Boston, Massachusetts, and Valencia, Spain, campuses can apply.
Applicants must be in good standing with Berklee.
Undergraduate students may only receive funding twice during their course of study at Berklee. Graduate students are eligible to receive funding once during their course of study at Berklee.
Funding amounts will be awarded based on financial need and merit as demonstrated by the student’s application and requested budget.
Students will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Academic merit and extracurricular experience
- Innovative, entrepreneurial, and creative-minded career aspirations
- High levels of motivation and self-promotion as an artist
- Financial need
We are looking for students seeking opportunities in the following industries:
- Arts administration and music business
- Education/teaching and healing arts
- Composition and design
- Global arts and entertainment
- New media, creative, and technology industries
Students will provide the following with their application:
- Two-minute pitch video
- Budget request form, requesting an amount up to $5,000 to support the costs of an internship semester
- Two professional references (at least one must be a member of the faculty/staff)
Applications will be accepted until the following deadlines for each semester:
- Fall 2019 Internships
- Boston students: September 12, 2019
- Valencia students: June 15, 2019
For more information, please contact the Career Center.
Tax implication disclaimer: The financial support provided by this fellowship may have tax implications, which could include mandatory tax withholding and reporting under U.S. federal and state regulations. Tax considerations may be different for international students, who should consult with International Student Services for more information. For questions about how this fellowship award might impact you, please consult with your tax professional.
Are you about to graduate from a master's degree program? Learn about our Post-Master's Degree Fellowships, managed by Graduate Studies.