Take your internship to the next level.
Are you currently applying for internships? Did you just land an internship? Are you looking for financial support? Fellowships provide you with additional funding so you can pursue your internship and build your skills without worrying about living expenses, moving costs, and other related spending.
If you're awarded a fellowship, you will receive a living allowance while participating in your internship, as well as mentorship and, in some cases, workshops and other types of career-related programming.
- Students must have secured an internship. Note that students can submit a fellowship application if they have applied to at least three internship sites; however, fellowships will only be awarded to students who have secured an internship by the application deadline.
- Students must be eligible for and enroll in an academic internship course.
- Students are required to have a GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Undergraduate and graduate students in any major/program from the Boston, Massachusetts, New York City, and Valencia, Spain, campuses can apply.
- Applicants must be in good standing with Berklee.
- Students may only receive funding once during their course of study at Berklee.
- Funding amounts vary and will be awarded based on financial need and merit as demonstrated by the student’s application and requested budget. If selected, the full amount requested may not be awarded.
- The fellowship program is highly selective, and applicants are not guaranteed funding upon applying.
Students will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Academic merit and extracurricular experience
- Innovative, entrepreneurial, and creative-minded career aspirations
- High levels of motivation and self-promotion as an artist
- Financial need
We are looking for students seeking opportunities in the following industries:
- Arts administration and music business
- Education/teaching and healing arts
- Composition and design
- Global arts and entertainment
- New media, creative, and technology industries
Students will provide the following with their application:
- Two-minute pitch video that introduces who you are, your internship (e.g., primary responsibilities, what you hope to gain/learn), and how the fellowship will help you achieve your career goals
- Budget request information, requesting an amount up to $5,000 to support the costs of an internship semester
- Two professional references (at least one must be a member of the faculty/staff)
Applications will be accepted until the following deadlines for each semester:
- Spring 2023 internships: Friday, February 3, 2023
- Applicants will be notified by Friday, February 10, 2023
- Summer 2023 internships:
- Boston - June 9, 2023, applicants will be notified by June 16, 2023
- Valencia - May 12, 2023, applicants will be notified by May 19, 2023
- Fall 2023 internships:
- Boston - TBA
- Valencia - July 27, 2023, applicants will be notified by August 28, 2023
Please note: The fellowship program is highly selective, and applicants are not guaranteed funding upon applying.
For more information, please contact the Career Center.
Tax implication disclaimer: The financial support provided by this fellowship may have tax implications, which could include mandatory tax withholding and reporting under U.S. federal and state regulations. Tax considerations may be different for international students; please review the Tax Resources for International Students page. For questions about how this fellowship award might impact you, please consult with your tax professional.