Career Jam 2019
Friday, April 5, 2019
10:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m.
150 Massachusetts Avenue
This year's Career Jam will be a celebration of women in the arts and entertainment industries whose career paths inspire, educate, and connect us.
Keynote Speaker: Sylvia Rhone
We are pleased to announce that Sylvia Rhone, president of Epic Records, will be our keynote presenter and also receive an honorary doctorate.
Rhone has been responsible for a diverse roster of artists including DJ Khaled, Camila Cabello, Missy Elliott, Erykah Badu, Tracy Chapman, Metallica, and Jason Mraz.
Career Jam will culminate in a concert celebrating Rhone, the "godmother of the music industry," and many of the genre-spanning, world-renowned artists she launched and has worked with throughout her career. Led by musical director Rob Lewis ‘94 (Christina Aguilera, New Kids on the Block, Toni Braxton, VH1, MTV), the concert will feature Berklee students performing her artists' repertoires.
Friday, April 5, 7:30 p.m.–9:00 p.m.
Berklee Performance Center
Free Professional Headshots
Sponsored by Student Affairs, Diversity and Inclusion
Friday, April 5, 10:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m.
150 Massachusetts Avenue, Lobby
Berklee Career Jam is an annual event that brings artists and industry leaders to campus to share their expertise and connect you to pathways that will broaden the scope of your career possibilities.
The day includes:
- speakers and panels;
- free professional head shots;
- break-out mentoring sessions;
- employer recruitment tables; and
- opportunities to audition for high-profile gigs and hear from successful alumni and industry experts.
How to Prepare for Career Jam
- Schedule an appointment with a Career Center advisor or stop by for walk-in hours Monday–Friday in the Career Center from 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. and Wednesday from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. in the cafe at 24 Fenway. The Career Center is located at 921 Boylston Street (the Uchida Building).
- Attend a résumé/cover letter workshop. The last Tuesday of each month at 2:00 p.m., let the Career Center help you make your résumé and cover letter shine. Bring your current draft for feedback, or just come learn more about what employers look for and what to include before you begin.
- Explore the Career Center website, and discover a full portfolio of resources and tips to help guide you in your preparation and planning for Career Jam and beyond.