Connecting Classrooms to Careers
A Berklee education sharpens students’ skills while expanding and enriching their base of knowledge and their unique sense of self. Today’s students also expect—and deserve—that their Berklee education prepare them for their future career path.
Reinforcing a culture of career-mindedness, the Berklee Career Center is here to help faculty and staff connect your teaching and advising to opportunities for your students after graduation. As a leader in your field, we hope you will help the Career Center in the ongoing effort to remain current in an ever-changing creative landscape.
Career Center Orientation for Your Students
The Career Center is available to deliver a standard or custom presentation (typically about 50 minutes) to your class to familiarize them with the ways in which we can help them pursue their career. This presentation can cover many topics, including the following:
- A Career Center overview (includes using the Berklee Career Manager and the Berklee Hub)
- Internships overview
- Resumés and cover letters
- Interview techniques and protocol
- Professional workplace etiquette for jobs and internships
- Using LinkedIn, social media, and websites for your career
- Entrepreneurship and self-employment
- Graduate school planning
- Custom topic(s) that align with your syllabus
After the presentation, you can either return to your regularly scheduled class or remain in the Career Center at 921 Boylston Street, room 100.
Make the most of a Career Center presentation by meeting with us in advance to discuss points of emphasis that may be most pertinent to your specific course(s). Career Center staff are available and eager to learn about ways in which you are currently incorporating career paths into your courses and to brainstorm new ways in which you may be able to do so.
Together, we can motivate even more of our students to begin planning their careers long before graduation day and to prepare for those careers long before the day of their first job interview. We look forward to partnering with you in this exciting work.
Here are some other ways you can partner with the Career Center to help your students launch successful careers:
- Participate in a career panel, workshop, or seminar as a presenter or cofacilitator.
- Refer employers with excellent internship and employment opportunities to us, and encourage them to post their opportunities on the Berklee Career Manager.
- Spread the word about the work of the Berklee Career Center. Add us to your list of subscriptions in the Berklee Hub to remain informed of career-focused events.
- Become a mentor through the Berklee Professional Network (ProNet). Speak with current students and recent graduates in one-on-one meetings, or correspond with guidance via email on career-related questions.
If you wish to know more about any of the above, please contact the Career Center.