Reporting Options

You can choose to report any incident to Berklee, law enforcement, both, or neither. Berklee has no time limit for accepting reports of equity and Title IX violations, although our ability to investigate and respond is higher the earlier we are notified. You have the right to a prompt and equitable resolution of any complaint, and Berklee’s response will be aimed at minimizing any interference with your educational access and normal employment responsibilities. In addition to resolving a complaint, Berklee offers academic, housing, and employment interim support measures, as well as other services to help you stay engaged and committed to your normal day-to-day activities, as well as navigate this difficult time.

Filing a Complaint with Berklee


You may file a complaint with the chief equity officer and Title IX coordinator, who will explain your options, may initiate an investigation, and pursue a resolution. Possible sanctions for the accused, if found responsible, range from a formal warning to suspension, expulsion (for students), and termination (for employees). This type of complaint is governed by Berklee's Equity Policy and Process and Berklee's Title IX Policy and Process. These policies prohibit acts of discrimination, harassment, and sexual misconduct, including, but not limited to, sexual assault or harassment, domestic/dating violence, and stalking.

Sarah Onori
Assistant Vice President of Equity and Title IX/Title IX Coordinator

File a report online This form can be used for anonymous reporting.

Filing a Criminal Complaint

You can also choose to file a criminal complaint if you wish. You may do this through the following:

  • Berklee Public Safety: 617-747-8888
  • Boston Police Department: 617-343-4400
  • The Victim’s Rights Law Center: 617-399-6720 (provides pro bono legal services to support you in connection with a criminal complaint)

For more information on reporting, see the Reporting Options section of the Equity and Title IX Polices and Processes.