The deputies for appeals are responsible for supporting the overall equity and Title IX system, as well as providing specific leadership in the area of appeals. The deputies for appeals will support the chief equity officer/Title IX coordinator in all aspects of the equity and Title IX system. Specifically, the deputies will:
- provide leadership for the appeals panel and ensure all members of the panel are fully educated and trained in their roles;
- review all appeals and respond accordingly in a timely manner;
- convene the appeals panel and lead the discussion and decision-making process for all appeals;
- communicate decisions by the panel to all parties in a timely manner; and
- provide leadership as it relates to programming and training in these and other equity-related areas.
The deputies are knowledgeable about and will provide information on all options for complaint resolution. Together with the other equity system deputies, the deputies will play an integral role in carrying out Berklee’s commitment to provide a positive learning, teaching, and working environment for the entire community.
Deputy for Appeals: Students
Michelle Quinones, Director of Community Standards and Conflict Resolution
Deputy for Appeals: Staff and Faculty
Eileen Alviti, Vice President of Human Resources