Intake, Support, and Advising
Whenever Berklee receives a report of an equity violation, a member of this team will reach out to the person reporting, inviting participation in an intake meeting. During this meeting, the person reporting can provide more information, ask questions, learn about options, and request resources. Based on the report and information in the intake meeting, the chief equity officer/Title IX coordinator determines the most appropriate response and next steps.
All complainants and respondents have the same rights to support measures and advising during any equity process. This team, assigned to individual cases and parties, ensures that those participating in an equity process understand their rights and options. Additionally, these team members work to support individual parties in an equity process by administering support resources and, as requested, serving as advisors of choice.
The deputy for equity administration, intake, and support is responsible for assigning and monitoring team members who serve as intake officers and advisors of choice.
Deputy for Equity Administration, Intake, and Support
Boston Team Members (also see Equity Leadership Team Valencia)
- Amanda Bedford, Administrative Coordinator and Outreach Assistant, Center for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Christina Davis, Associate Dean, Diversity and Inclusion
- Rosemary Dowling, Director, Residential and Housing Operations
- Laurel Dreher, Assistant Director, Student Activities and Leadership
- Cristina Flores, Resident Director, Department of Residential Education
- Joe Gonzalez, Assistant Dean, Student Affairs Administration and Assessment
- Jeff Klug, Associate Dean, Student Health and Wellness