Retention and Student Success
The Dean's Office for Student Advising and Success is dedicated to ensuring that you, the student, have the necessary supports—both inside and outside of the classroom—to fully realize your musical, academic, and personal potential at Berklee College of Music. By supporting you when you face obstacles associated with college life, we aim to assist you in making connections with Berklee that will help you thrive.
How to Get Help
- Get support for students who require academic, housing, or dietary accommodations in order to feel prepared for success.
- Foster a sense of community as a Black/African American student.
- Receive tutoring services for the core music curriculum.
- Recover from academic warning or suspension (login required).
- Complete enrollment appeals (login required) as a continuing student (inquiries about suspension, dismissal, and tuition refunds).
Additional Student Support Resources
Our foundational belief is that you are fully capable of realizing your musical, academic, and professional goals. However, we also realize that at times, you may experience difficulties, be they academic, emotional, or health-related, and we know that family emergencies and other unexpected challenges may arise. There are many resources on campus that can help, and we are committed to helping you connect with those resources. When we meet with you, we can often present options which can help you decide how to proceed; in many cases, a short-term change may be the key to long-term success.