Students notified of their Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Suspension and enrollment ineligibility are required to complete all outlined requirements in their notification email, in addition to fulfilling all steps below, before appealing for academic probation or reinstatement consideration.
Students must carefully adhere to the published deadlines, especially the final deadline of each SAP appeal cycle. Appeals submitted after the final deadline will be considered for a future semester other than the desired appeal semester.
The SAP Suspension Appeal Process
Starting with appeals for the fall 2022 semester, the SAP Suspension Appeal process has been simplified to a one-step form.
Appeal forms are accepted on a rolling basis, and are reviewed three to four times per semester by the Enrollment Appeals Committee. Please review the calendar below for upcoming appeal deadlines and scheduled appeal meetings.
- Your basic personal information.
- Provide a detailed explanation about your last semester of enrollment, which resulted in your lowered satisfactory academic progress.
- Describe which support services you utilized during your most recent semester of enrollment and how you used them (such as tutoring, meeting with your student success advisor, counseling services, establishing accommodations, etc.). If you did not use any services, please explain why you did not utilize these supports at the college.
- What has changed since your last semester, or what will change during your next semester of enrollment? Provide an explanation of how your circumstances have changed and how these changes will allow you to perform at a satisfactory level.
- Provide a detailed plan of action, including long term and short term goals (learn more about SMART goal setting) that you will follow to achieve academic success.
- Provide required supporting documentation and additional information for consideration.
- Students who are currently completing transfer credits for reinstatement consideration must submit an appeal only after they have successfully completed their transfer credit requirement. Students must upload academic transcripts as documented proof of academic achievement with their appeal submission. Please note that the enrollment appeals committee will not consider incomplete appeals.
All appeal decisions will be sent by the deadlines listed in the calendar below.