The academic credentials and supporting materials that you are required to provide as part of your application are based upon your unique education background. Our audition and interview process provides us with a wealth of information to assess each applicant's musical aptitude and ability to succeed at Berklee.
- Berklee does not require SAT or ACT scores, but you may choose to include your test scores if they are an area of strength.
- While not required, any other supplemental materials, such as samples of your creative work, character references, or resumés, are welcome.
- All supporting materials must be postmarked on or before the posted deadline date for the semester you are applying to begin attending Berklee.
If you'd like to get better prepared for applying or going to Berklee, consider our online course on "Developing Your Musicianship." Auditing the class is free!
First-Time College Applicants
- You must submit official, up-to-date academic transcripts or GEDs.
- If you who have college/university credits at another institution, you must also submit an official transcript.
- All documents must be submitted in English.
- You must submit official transcripts of all completed college/university level work as well as a copy of your high school diploma as evidence of graduation.
- Transfer credit may be awarded for most liberal arts courses (with grades of at least a “C” or 2.0) from an accredited institution.
- High school transcripts are not required if you have earned more than 24 credits of college-level academic course work.
International Applicants/Students Who Have Studied Outside the U.S. and Canada
Students with schooling that has been completed outside of the United States and Canada are required to submit a credential evaluation report. You must submit official transcripts for evaluation by an accredited credential evaluation agency, such as the Education Credential Evaluators. Please ask for a course-by-course evaluation with grades. Any applicant who is enrolled or has graduated from an International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma school with an IB Diploma is exempt from submitting documents through a credential evaluator.
If you are applying to the degree program and your first language is not English, you are required to submit a PTE Academic, a TOEFL or IELTS score to complete their application for admission. We recommend a PTE Academic score of 48, a TOEFL IBT score of 72 or higher, or a IELTS score of 6 or higher.
You must submit a homeschool portfolio outlining all course content, textbooks used, examples of work done, and grades received.
Mailing Supporting Documents
Your materials should be mailed to:Berklee College of Music Office of Admissions 1140 Boylston Street Boston, Massachusetts 02215
- If you are mailing your application materials, please do so by registered mail so your documents can be tracked if necessary.
- Please make copies of all documents for your records and, whenever possible, mail all supporting documents together in one envelope.