Transcripts and Other Supporting Materials
Our audition and interview process provides us with a wealth of information to assess each applicant's musical aptitude and ability to succeed at Berklee, but we do require some documents, such as transcripts, before an admissions decision can be made.
- International Students: If you attended high school or college outside the U.S. or Canada, please do not submit your transcript directly to Berklee. Instead, you need to have your transcript evaluated by a credential agency. Any applicant who is enrolled in or has graduated from an international baccalaureate (IB) diploma school with an IB diploma is exempt from submitting documents through a credential evaluator.
How to Submit Your Transcripts
Via Parchment (Preferred Method)
We accept transcripts electronically through Parchment. Please select "Berklee College" to deliver your transcripts.
Via Mail (Alternative Method)
For documents that you are unable to submit via Parchment, your high school or other institution should mail all documents to:
Berklee College of Music
Office of Admissions
1140 Boylston Street
Boston, Massachusetts 02215
- If you choose to mail your transcript and other supporting documents yourself, please do so by registered mail so your documents can be tracked.
- Please make copies of all documents for your records and, whenever possible, mail all supporting documents together in one envelope.
Other documents, such as letters of recommendation, résumés and creative works, are not required, but you are welcome to upload them to your application form before you submit it.
Note: Berklee College of Music does not require SAT or ACT results, but you may choose to include your test scores if they are an area of strength.
First-Time College Applicants
- Your high school must submit official, up-to-date academic transcripts or General Educational Development (GED) scores.
- If you have college/university credits at another institution, you must have that institution submit your official transcript as well.
- All documents must be submitted in English.
- High school transcripts are not required if you have earned more than 24 credits of college-level academic course work.
- Your college/university must send Berklee your official transcripts (including all completed college/university-level work).
- You must also mail Berklee a copy of your high school diploma as evidence of graduation.
- Transfer credit may be awarded for most liberal arts courses (with grades of at least a C or 2.0) from an accredited institution.
International Applicants from outside the U.S. and Canada
- International students have additional requirements, including TOEFL scores, a student visa, and credential evaluations. See information for international applicants.
There are important and explicit regulations governing acceptable documentation. Berklee College of Music requires a portfolio of the following items:
- A full outline of the curriculum by subject, including examples of work and textbooks used for each course
- Assessment procedures and grades
- Evidence of official recognition by the school district and/or state department of education, or the GED
If you are mailing your application materials, please do so by registered mail so your documents can be tracked if necessary.
Please make copies of all documents for your records and, whenever possible, mail all supporting documents together in one envelope.
We can only accept documents sent electronically if provided directly by the issuing institution.