Transcripts and Other Supporting Materials

Our audition and interview process provides us with a wealth of information to assess each applicant's musical aptitude and ability to succeed at Berklee, but we do require some documents, such as transcripts, before an admissions decision can be made.

  • International Students: If you attended high school or college outside the U.S. or Canada, please do not submit your transcript directly to Berklee. Instead, you need to have your transcript evaluated by a credential agency. Any applicant who is enrolled in or has graduated from an international baccalaureate (IB) diploma school with an IB diploma is exempt from submitting documents through a credential evaluator.   

How to Submit Your Transcripts

Via Parchment (Preferred Method)

We accept transcripts electronically through Parchment. Please select "Berklee College" to deliver your transcripts.

Via E-mail (Preferred Method)

For documents that you are unable to submit via Parchment, your high school or other institution should email documents to, but note that we only accept documents sent via email if provided directly by the issuing institution.

Via Mail (Alternative Method)

Please note that Berklee is currently closed due to the ongoing outbreak of the coronavirus (COVID-19) in the U.S. and around the world. Due to this, we are not currently able to accept documents submitted via mail. Anything that is mailed while the institution is closed will be reviewed and processed after we reopen. If you are concerned about submitting your materials via Parchment or email, please contact us for guidance at

Other documents, such as letters of recommendation, résumés, and creative works are not required, but you are welcome to upload them to your application form before you submit it.

Note that Berklee College of Music does not require SAT or ACT results, but you may choose to include your test scores if they are an area of strength.

First-Time College Applicants

  • Your high school must submit official, up-to-date academic transcripts or General Educational Development (GED) scores.
  • If you have college/university credits at another institution, you must have that institution submit your official transcript as well.
  • All documents must be submitted in English.

Transfer Students

  • High school transcripts are not required if you have earned more than 24 credits of college-level academic course work.
  • Your college/university must send Berklee your official transcripts (including all completed college/university-level work).
  • You must also mail Berklee a copy of your high school diploma as evidence of graduation.
  • Transfer credit may be awarded for most liberal arts courses (with grades of at least a C or 2.0) from an accredited institution.

International Applicants from outside the U.S. and Canada

Homeschooled Applicants

There are important and explicit regulations governing acceptable documentation. Berklee College of Music requires a portfolio of the following items:

  • A full outline of the curriculum by subject, including examples of work and textbooks used for each course
  • Assessment procedures and grades
  • Evidence of official recognition by the school district and/or state department of education, or the GED

If you are mailing your application materials, please do so by registered mail so your documents can be tracked if necessary.

Please make copies of all documents for your records and, whenever possible, mail all supporting documents together in one envelope.

We can only accept documents sent electronically if provided directly by the issuing institution.  

Request Information