The Division of Student Affairs is made up of departments and services that work together to provide support across the areas of student life that augment academic learning and to engage students in Berklee’s vibrant musical community.
The departments and services listed on this page are housed within the Division of Student Affairs. For guidance about which department to contact or for more information about the division, please contact the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs on the fifth floor of the Genko Uchida Building at 921 Boylston Street. Reach us by phone at 617-266-1400, extension 2231, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs
Chris Kandus-Fisher, the vice president for Student Affairs, and his staff are always available to provide you and your family with whatever assistance you require to ensure your success at Berklee. This office oversees all departments housed within the Division of Student Affairs.
Center for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Main Page (login required)
The Center for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is supported by the Division of Student Affairs (Equity | Meet the Equity Team) and the Division of Academic Affairs (Diversity and Inclusion | Meet the Diversity and Inclusion Team).
The Center for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion supports the Berklee community through:
- workshops and educational resources (login required) to promote inclusion;
- speakers and panels;
- the Equity Policy and Process; and
- resources and support to address harassment or discrimination.
- faculty and staff roles and responsibilities as a responsible employee.
Community Standards and Conflict Resolution
Community Standards and Conflict Resolution oversees the code of conduct for all students. This office also offers a variety of options and resources for conflict resolution to meet the needs of our students and campus community.
Reach out when:
- you have questions about rules or the disciplinary process;
- you wish to report a violation of the Code of Community Standards; or
- you would like to explore your options concerning conflict management and resolution.
Housing and Residential Education
The Office of Housing and Residential Education looks forward to welcoming you to the neighborhood. Berklee has a number of residence halls close to campus in addition to facilities for:
Here are frequently asked questions regarding life in our residence halls. Berklee’s Housing and Residential Education staff works to foster the supportive community that defines the Berklee environment.
Health and Wellness
- Free weekly meditation, yoga, and tai chi classes
- One-on-one wellness services such as physical therapy, reiki, and Alexander Technique
- Online and in-person health screenings for hearing, mental health, and other health topics
- Programs, education, and workshops (login required) on a variety of health and wellbeing topics
- Food assistance and other basic needs assistance (login required) as well as case management services (login required)
- Medical care for students
- Student health insurance
Counseling Services provides free, confidential counseling with licensed clinicians. Other services include the following:
- Group counseling
- Consultations (login required)
- Crisis counseling
- Advocacy services, including survivor advocacy services
Center for Campus Life
The Center for Campus Life is the hub of student engagement at Berklee where you can chill out, watch TV, or lose yourself in conversation with friends. At the Center for Campus Life, you can find:
- information about life at Berklee, including clubs, leadership, community service opportunities (login required), and more;
- ping pong and pool tables;
- regular programming to inspire creativity and fun; and
- discounts that allow you to take advantage of all Boston has to offer.
- Follow us on Instagram.
The Center for Campus Life is also home to Student Involvement and New Student and Family Programs.
Being an artist is what brings students to Berklee, but most Berklee students are interested in engaging in music, theater, or dance as well as other activities outside of the classroom, from student clubs and student-run enterprises to leadership development and more.
Get involved on campus through the Student Activities Center's programs, including the following:
- Student clubs
- Student Government Association
- Discounts and services
- Leadership programs
- Community service (login required)
New Student and Family Programs (NSFP)
The Office of New Student and Family Programs supports you and your family as you join the Berklee community through the following programs: