Student Leadership Programs
Looking to engage with different student leadership opportunities across campus? Looking for more information on where to get started? The Center for Campus Life can help.
Here are the paid student leadership positions offered throughout the Division of Student Engagement and Enrollment. If you'd like to apply for any of these positions, you must fill out the Common Leadership Application located here, and attend an informational session (details below).
Paid Job Opportunities
- Berklee Summer Initiative (BSI)
- Campus Life Assistant (CLA)
- Resident Assistant positions (RA)
- Orientation Leaders (OL)
- Student Academic Mentors (SAM)
- Student Government Association (SGA)
There are other paid leadership positions across campus that are not part of the Common Application for leadership. Those positions are listed below, along with the link to the student employment website.
- Admissions Student Ambassador Program
- Career Center Ambassadors
- Office of Student Employment
- Peer Tutors
We also have a leadership resource collection available through the library.
Student Leadership Position Descriptions
View some of the specific leadership positions and roles that are available below:
- Berklee Summer Initiative Ambassador (BSI Ambassador): Lead and be a presence during Berklee Summer Initiative pre-orientation week, and be involved in programming throughout the academic year (you must be a prior BSI participant).
- Campus Life Assistant: Create a vibrant and engaging student experience with the Center for Campus Life through orientation, programs, events, and student clubs, and by referring students to resources and services.
- Orientation Leader (OL): Create a vibrant and engaging experience for new students and families as they begin their Berklee journey.
- Resident Assistant/Summer Resident Assistant (RA): Create community in the residence halls through education, programming, facilitating interpersonal relationships, and connecting students to campus resources.
- Student Academic Ambassador (SAM): Help entering students acclimate to the College and Conservatory through offering academic support, facilitating out-of-class activities, and connecting them to campus services.
- Student Academic Mentor for a Living Learning Community (SAM/LLC) Help entering students acclimate to the College and Conservatory through offering academic support, facilitating out-of-class activities, connecting them to campus services, and creating a community within the residence halls.
- Student Government Association (SGA) Member: Serve as the collective voice of the student body, and work with Berklee leadership to make positive change on campus.
Student Leadership Application Timeline
The following is a timeline that the student leadership staff team is using to select students for leadership positions for the 2020–2021 academic year:
- October 2019–January 2020: Leadership Common Application informational sessions occur every two weeks (there will be 11 sessions in total).
- November 2019–January 2020: The Leadership Common Application is open for submissions.
- January 31, 12:00 p.m. EST: The Leadership Common Application closes to applications.
- February 4, 2020: Interview signup slots are emailed to all qualified student applicants.
- February 12, 2020: Voting opens for all students qualified to run for election for the SGA.
- February 22–23, 2020: This is interview weekend for all student leadership positions, excluding the SGA.
- February 26, 2020: Voting closes for students running for election to the SGA.
- March 6, 2020: Decisions are sent to all students for all positions, excluding the SGA.
- March 13, 2020: This is the deadline for students to accept or decline offers for student leadership positions, excluding the SGA.