International Student Financial Assistance

Undergraduate international students studying in the United States are eligible for merit-based scholarships through the admissions and audition process for Berklee College of Music and Boston Conservatory at Berklee.

All international students who wish to be considered for institutional need-based aid, including the Thrive Scholarship, should complete the CSS profile using Berklee's school code: 3107. Please note that the CollegeBoard charges a $25 fee for the CSS Profile. International students do not need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

Financial Planning Considerations

When preparing your budget, it’s important to plan ahead and consider the full year rather than plan by semester. In order to finance your education, you will need to consider various components including the following:

  • Tuition
  • Fees
  • Living expenses (housing and food)
  • Transportation costs
  • Books, insurance, and personal expenses

Students will be required to acknowledge their financial obligations before formally checking in for a semester. Any balances due will be the student's responsibility.

Other Financial Resources

  • Your own government may have financial aid available. Contact your embassy or ministry of education for more information.
  • There may also be private organizations in your home country that will sponsor you or provide other support.
  • Check out Berklee's tuition payment plan hosted by Tuition Management Systems.
  • This list of outside scholarships is for domestic and international students searching for scholarships outside of Berklee. 
  • Education USA provides some suggestions for ways to help finance your education.
  • The International Education Financial Aid (IEFA) scholarship/loan search may help.
  • Elm Select Lender provides a lender comparison tool.

Please note that student loans may require a U.S. cosigner.

International students interested in working while enrolled at Berklee can apply for student employment once they have arrived on campus; however, they will not be eligible for federal work-study.

For visa information for international students attending Berklee’s Boston campus, visit Berklee's Visa Information page

For visa information for international students attending Berklee’s Valencia campus, visit the First Year Abroad: Accepted Students page.