Veterans Benefits

The GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about the education benefits offered by the VA is available at the official U.S. government website,

Berklee is committed to providing financial aid to assist you with your cost of education. The Office of Student Financial Services at Berklee certifies all VA educational benefit chapters for degree students attending both the Berklee campus and online programs. You may be eligible for both military benefits and federal student aid. To be considered for federal student aid, please complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). File your FAFSA as soon as possible. Be sure to add the Berklee FAFSA code: 002126.

To begin the process for your VA benefits, submit a Certificate of Eligibility, obtained through the Department of Veteran Affairs—GI Bill®, which should be sent to Berklee's Office of Student Financial Services via email at may be able to transfer their benefits to a spouse, one or more children, or a combination of spouse and child. The VA strongly advises that veterans apply for transferability online as processing tends to be quicker by this method.  

Berklee Online: Veterans or active duty military interested in an online certificate or degree program can learn about military benefits for online students

Berklee will adhere to the requirements of and comply with the Veterans Benefits and Transition Act of 2018, specifically S2248 PL 115-407, Section 103.

Berklee permits any covered individual utilizing VA Chapter 31 or 33 to attend or participate in their course of education during the period beginning on the date on which the individual provides a Certificate of Eligibility for entitlement to educational assistance.

Berklee does not impose any penalties due to the delayed disbursement of funding from the VA under Chapter 31 or 33. Students with payment delays will not be charged late fees, prevented from enrolling, or denied access to courses, libraries, or other institutional facilities, nor are students required to borrow additional funds due to the delayed disbursement of funding from the VA under Chapter 31 or 33.

Students enrolled in a Berklee Online certificate or degree program should contact the Berklee Online Finance Department to discuss VA benefits. They can be reached at 617-747-2146, option number five. All other degree program students should contact the Office of Student Financial Services at 617-747-2274.

Have questions? Please visit our Veterans Benefits FAQ for more information.