The Thrive Scholarship is a Berklee College of Music initiative that is designed to invest in continuing students who have demonstrated academic achievement and financial need, and are on track to graduate on time. Students who maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA or better, consistently attempt and complete at least 15 credits each semester, and have good plans in place to manage their financial and academic requirements are more likely to graduate and reach their full creative and career potential. Therefore, the goal of this program is to help alleviate some of the financial strain that continuing students face and assist them through graduation with scholarship support.
Thrive Scholarship recipients earned a 3.0 cumulative GPA or better by the end of the spring 2020 semester, based on analysis of the FAFSA and other financial aid documentation, and are on track to graduate on time.
Thrive Scholarship Program Conditions
- The scholarship is valid for undergraduate study at Berklee College of Music's campuses in Boston or Valencia, Spain.
- The student must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- The student must maintain at least a 94 percent completion percentage (completed credits divided by attempted credits).
- The student must enroll in a minimum of 15 credit hours per semester (exceptions may be requested).
- The student must meet the required number of earned credits to become a third- to sixth-semester student.
- The student must participate in ongoing financial and academic advising, as well as relevant career planning programs, to ensure that they are on track to graduate on time.
- The student must demonstrate financial need based on an analysis of the submitted FAFSA, CSS profile, and other financial aid documentation.
- Scholarships are limited for the remainder of the student's degree, not to exceed eight semesters of full-time enrollment unless a single major officially requires more than eight semesters (music therapy and music education). Semester enrollment begins accumulating from a student’s first semester of enrollment at the college.
- Scholarships are renewable for the following academic year provided that the above conditions are met and recipients are in good academic and disciplinary standing.
- The total Berklee scholarship funding must not exceed the cost of tuition.
Please note that this is a select program. Scholarships are limited and dependent on available funds. Berklee reserves the right to use its discretion when determining student financial need.