Financial Resources and Guides
We have teamed up with Educational Credit Management Corporation (ECMC) Solutions, a nonprofit organization with numerous student resources designed to increase financial understanding. Their Financial Awareness Basics (FAB) tool is a great place to get the ball rolling towards a more financially confident future.
Links to other helpful resources are listed by topic below.
Applying for Aid
Outside Scholarship Resources
- Outside Scholarship Listings
- The College Board's Scholarship Search
- State Financial Aid Offices
Conversations about Your Finances
The topics covered below are aimed at helping you make informed decisions so you can be successful academically, artistically, and financially. They come from a variety of sources, and you are encouraged to seek out your own information and do as much research as possible.
Check out the results of the National Foundation for Credit Counseling's 2019 Consumer Financial Literacy Survey.
Federal Financial Aid–Related Topics
- Filing Your FAFSA
- Student Loans: Know What You Owe
- National Student Loan Data System
- The Importance of Student Loan Exit Counseling
- Taxes: What You Need to Know
Loan Repayment Topics
- Student Loan Repayment Options
- Is It Smart to Consolidate Your Student Loans?
- What Is the Difference between Deferment and Forbearance?
- Smart Ways to Repay Your Student Loans
- How to Avoid Default (Avoiding Delinquency and Default Video)
- How Can I Find an Outside Scholarship?
- Identity Theft: What Do I Need to Know?
- Video: Financial Literacy: Credit Reports and Credit Scores
- More Important Information on Consumer Credit from the Federal Trade Commission
- Managing Your Money