Tonya Butler is a seasoned veteran of the music business with more than 14 years of experience as an entertainment attorney and label executive. She is an award-winning Toastmaster and author of the self-published career guide, The Music Business Is Corrupt, or Maybe You Just Can’t Sing? She has a Juris Doctorate from California Western School of Law and a Master of Laws in entertainment media from Southwestern University School of Law/Fitzwilliam College, Cambridge, England.
- Career Highlights
- Author of the career guide The Music Business Is Corrupt, or Maybe You Just Can't Sing?
- Third Place, Toastmasters International Speech Contest, District 6, 2017
- First Place, Toastmasters Humorous Speech Contest, District 6, 2015
- J.D., California Western School of Law
- LL.M., Southwestern Law School
In Their Own Words
"The moment you played your first tune or sang your first song is the day the music industry began to change. Whether it changes for the worst or for the better is entirely up to you."
"My background as an entertainment attorney and record label executive means that I have done what you want to do, and been where you want to go. Now its your turn."
"Berklee's music business/management program has some of the best faculty experts from all over the world. They don't just study the music business, they practice it every single day. Berklee cares about your musicianship as well as your ability to make a living with your music."