- Career Highlights
- B.M., Berklee College of Music
- Independent record producer and recording engineer
- Former staff engineer at A&M Studios, Hollywood, California
- Credits include Vinnie Colaiuta, Sheryl Crow, Hall and Oates, Don Henley, Graham Nash, Bruce Springsteen, James Taylor, Ron Wood, Warren Zevon, and others
- Former president, On Site Entertainment, specializing in new media/Internet development
In Their Own Words
"The ongoing goals for the Music Production and Engineering Department are centered in three critical areas: curriculum, faculty, and facilities. Every topic, class, and assignment has been evaluated for its relevance, emphasis, timing, and balance. And with 12 studios operating 22 hours per day, seven days per week, it is critical to maintain a state-of-the-art technical infrastructure."
"Our MP&E graduates have the distinct advantage of being world-class, Berklee-educated musicians and having deep training in production and engineering topics. The education that we supply arms graduates with skills that transcend fads or genres. It's an education that has a long lifespan. We know this is true, as we've enjoyed watching our alumni receive numerous Grammy Awards each year, and even Academy Awards for their work in film. This industry validation speaks volumes."
"As a teacher I am patient, but demanding. I'm still very excited about the craft of recording and record production. And if students are going to excel in the industry, they are going to have to display an intense passion for the process and an unflagging work ethic. I really respond to students who are eager to learn and willing to go all out to achieve their goals."
"The best thing about teaching—flat out—is the students. In MP&E, our application process to the major is so competitive that our students have to be extremely focused, passionate, and driven to succeed. I'm addicted to that type of energy."