- Career Highlights
- Instruments include voice, guitar, bass, drums, and light piano
- Has worked with India.Arie, Corey Glover, David Ryan Harris, Soulive, Lettuce, Louis Cato, and more
- Recordings include Outkast, Goodie Mob, Boys to Men, Silk, 2.0, R.E.M., Pink, Matchbox 20, Collective Soul, Kronos Quartet, Mariah Carey, and more
- 2008-2010 recipient, Berklee Achievement Scholarship
- 2007 recipient, study abroad, Athens, Greece
- 2001 Grammy Nominee for Album of the Year
- 2001 Winner Rap Album of the year
- 2011 Recipient of the Berklee Brass Award for Diversity and Inclusion
- B.M., Berklee College of Music
In Their Own Words
"I want students to be able to use the tools that are at their disposal, that they're carrying around on their laptops, to accomplish the things that they want to do. It's really important to me that students leave (Berklee) with an ability to MIDI map, and they know how to open ProTools and get something done. I have people tell me, 'I'll just get somebody to do that for me' and I ask, 'why do you insist on that dependency? I can show you in six weeks how to do that. You'll never need anyone else to help you again. No one's going to take that skill away from you.'"
"This is an environment that's focused to a pinpoint on helping students overcome obstacles…the staff is amazing. I think we're right on the edge of what's happening. You're really not going to do better in the United States, as far as an education is Western music is concerned. If you can get here, and you can stay here, it's probably the best thing for you. This environment is so pregnant with talent and energy. It's the center of the musical universe as far as I'm concerned. I moved here from San Francisco, and didn't move back."