Applying for Aid

All domestic and international applicants to Berklee's full-time degree or diploma programs will be automatically considered for scholarships through our admissions process.

You and your family begin the process of applying for need-based financial aid at Berklee by completing two forms: the CSS/Financial Aid Profile and the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Both applications gather information about your family's financial situation and enable you to be considered for a range of federal, state, and institutional funding. 

Complete the CSS Profile

Most forms of Berklee funding, including but not limited to need-based aid, require filing the CSS Profile in the initial year. Berklee strongly recommends that U.S. citizens and permanent residents file the CSS Profile for all types of institutional need-based and merit-based aid.

Use Berklee's CSS school code—3107—when you complete the CSS Profile at the college board website.

File Your FAFSA

The FAFSA, a free application, is required for citizens and permanent residents of the United States who wish to apply for federal student aid, including federal grants, loans, and work-study. The FAFSA is also used to apply for state funds.

Use Berklee's federal school code—002126—when you complete the online application at the Federal Student aid website.

Once you have submitted your FAFSA, you and your parents may be required to send additional information to ensure the accuracy of FAFSA data. This process is called verification.  Approximately one-third of students who apply for federal aid are selected for verification. If you need to submit additional documents to our office, we will send an email to your preferred email address informing you of what we need.

Early Action

November 1

CSS Profile and FAFSA

Summer December 1 CSS Profile and FAFSA
Fall January 15 CSS Profile and FAFSA
Spring July 1

CSS Profile and FAFSA

Berklee awards federal and institutional aid, on the basis of need, as funding permits. Most domestic Berklee students—66 percent—file for federal aid.

Students interested in working while enrolled at Berklee can apply for student employment once they have arrived on campus to learn more about opportunities, including federal work-study. International students are eligible for Berklee student employment but not federal work-study.