Frequently Asked Questions

What is the definition of a Berklee alumnus/alumna?

In order to be a member of the Berklee alumni community you must have completed a minimum of one full-time spring or fall semester. [Note: this does not include any of the special programs at Berklee, such as the Five-Week Program].

Can alumni use practice rooms and ensemble rooms?

Unfortunately, with more than 4,000 current students, Berklee does not have the space for alumni to use the facilities. Alumni can use the Learning Center and library in the 150 Massachusetts Avenue building.

How do I get my transcript?

There is no fee for transcripts. Please note, however, that Berklee will not issue any transcript without the written request and signature of the individual.

Please write or fax your transcript request to us with the following information: your full name and/or name while attending Berklee; your date of birth; your social security number; if possible, your student ID number; approximate dates of attendance; the number of copies of your transcript you are requesting; the address to which you would like your transcript(s) sent; and your signature.

Berklee processes requests within three days of receipt, but you should allow a reasonable amount of time for delivery through U.S. mail.

Mail or fax your transcript request to:
Transcript Request
Office of the Registrar
Berklee College of Music
1140 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02215
Fax: 617 747-8520

How many classes do I need to graduate?

If you have any questions regarding re-entrance, feel free to contact the returning student coordinator in the Office of the Registrar by phone at 617 747-2242, by fax at 617 747-8520, or by email at

How can I receive my official diploma/degree?

To get your degree or diploma, contact the graduation and curriculum coordinator, Sarah Ilges, at, or call 617 747-2470.

College policy allows Berklee to provide each graduate with only one diploma. However, should your diploma be lost in a fire, flood, or to theft, you may request a replacement by supplying the police report or insurance claim to the graduation and curriculum coordinator.

Some other countries may need an apostille to recognize your Berklee diploma. Find out more about an apostille here.

If an employer or graduate school asks for proof that you have graduated before you receive your degree or diploma, you can contact the Office of the Registrar to have a verification of graduation letter mailed or faxed to you (or directly to the interested party). 

Learn more about your degree or diploma.

How can I get an alumni pass?

Alumni passes are free. Email to request one with your name, current address, phone number, and email address. 

Can I get featured in Berklee Today?

We have over 45,000 alumni throughout the world and cannot feature all of them. The editor of Berklee Today will contact alumni who will be featured in the magazine, though alumni are able to submit alumnotes for the magazine.

How do I change my address and contact information?

If you need to change your contact information, email

How can I get information about an old classmate?

Berklee's policy is to not release individuals' contact information, but if you email with the name of the person you are looking for, we will pass along your contact information to that person.

How can I be removed from all Berklee lists?

While we will miss being in contact with you, if you email specifying which lists to remove you from, we will respect your wishes.

Does this faculty member still work at Berklee?

Berklee has over 500 full- and part-time faculty, who can be found by searching here.

Can I complete my degree online?

Berklee Online began offering online bachelor of professional studies degrees in the fall of 2014. For more information, visit If you are interested in returning to our Boston campus, you should contact the returning student coordinator in the Office of the Registrar by phone at 617 747-2242, by fax at 617 747-8520, or by email at

I can't log in to the Berklee Music Network.

If you can't log in, visit this page:

I need musicians for a wedding, party, reception, etc. How can I post this gig to alumni?

If you are interested in having Berklee alumni perform at your function, post the specifics of the job, including instruments/style, date, time, and budget using this form.

Where can I go for a tour of the campus?

Tours leave from the 921 Boylston Street building Monday through Friday at 12:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. Reservations are required. Call 617 747-2222 to arrange a tour.

Will Berklee help publicize my new CD/project?

Berklee features alumni artists on both the Sounds of Berklee podcast and via Air Alumni on the BIRN.

To have your music considered for Sounds of Berklee and airplay on the BIRN, email MP3s to Curtis Killian or send CDs to:

Curtis Killian, Web Producer
MS-1140 IA
Berklee College of Music
1140 Boylston St.
Boston, MA 02215

You can tell other alumni about your project by posting on the alumni Facebook page.

What can the Alumni Affairs Office do for me?

Berklee's Alumni Affairs Office is dedicated to serving alumni through various means. Over 25 events are planned throughout the year all across the country, including events at CMJ, SXSW, Game Developer's Convention, and NAMM. Alumni Affairs is dedicated to providing networking and professional development opportunities for the alumni community, in person and online. If you have specific ideas for events, contact

How can I connect with alumni in the city where I'm moving or people who are in careers that are of interest to me?

If you have very specific questions, Alumni Affairs can connect with alumni who are willing to answer questions. Our Facebook page has over 4,000 followers, and you can expect to receive responses if you post a question on our wall.

Does the Alumni Affairs Office provide financial support for alumni projects?

Unfortunately, Berklee cannot provide financial support for alumni.

In what ways can I get involved with the Berklee Alumni Affairs Office as an alumnus or student?

We are always looking for volunteers to help with planning events, mentoring students, answering questions from young alumni, serving on committees, or representing their respective regions at Berklee events. If you are interested in volunteering, contact