Minor in Creative Coding
The program builds on a core course, Introduction to Computer Programming, and with subsequent electives, students will develop skills to support projects working with web programming, interactive music, game programming, physical computing, visual design, and product development. Using these skills, Berklee students will be able to participate in activities such as hackathons and game jams. Students will also bring a musician’s perspective to the wider coding community.
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- demonstrate logical thinking and problem solving skills;
- demonstrate the ability to design effective user interfaces;
- access databases to process and display open source data;
- develop web-based applications;
- develop simple mobile apps;
- develop audio plug-ins;
- develop simple desktop and mobile games;
- prototype new musical instruments and devices;
- develop physical computing applications that integrate sensors with hardware and software computing resources; and
- use version control to organize programming projects.