- Career Highlights
- B. M., Berklee College of Music
- Member of the bluegrass band the Gibson Brothers, awarded 2012 Entertainer of the Year, 2012 Gospel Song of the Year, 2011 Album of the Year, and 2010 Song of the Year by the International Bluegrass Music Association
- Recordings with the Gibson Brothers (Ring the Bell and Help My Brother), two solo records (Saturday Night Waltz and Sweet Loam), and various recordings with Jonathan Edwards, Joy Kills Sorrow, Scott Nygaard, and others
- Performances with Emmylou Harris, Bela Fleck, John Scofield, Tracy Bohnam, Ricky Skaggs, Marty Stuart, and Alison Brown
- Performances at the Ryman Auditorium, the Kennedy Center, the International Bluegrass Festival in Buhl, Germany; and in Denmark, Ireland, France, and Italy
In Their Own Words
"I encourage my students to look for music that doesn’t need big words to communicate an emotion. Language is a very strong metaphor for music. Too frequently it can be about putting big words into sentences, whether or not they actually belong there. The best way to communicate is usually a well-constructed simple sentence."