Described as passionate, electrifying, and innovative, international recording artist Chelsey Green breaks down stereotypes of string performance. A native of Houston, Texas, and a violinist, violist, vocalist, and educator, she combines classical and various contemporary styles to make strings sing.
- Career Highlights
- Leader, Chelsey Green and the Green Project
- Participant in a variety of tours, including one with Maysa (formerly of Incognito) on her 2017 Love Is a Battlefield world tour; the 2017 American Music Abroad program presented by the U.S. State Department; one of nine groups that extensively toured throughout the Middle East and Eastern Europe; and the American Voices 2017 sponsored tour in Haiti
- Performances with Stevie Wonder at the Verizon Center; with J.Cole on CBS's Late Show and at the theater at Madison Square Garden; and with MC Lyte at the Essence Music Festival
- Recordings include The Green Room (Chelsey Green and the Green Project), which debuted on both the Billboard Contemporary Jazz chart and the iTunes Top Ten Jazz Albums chart in the first week of its release
- B.M., University of Texas at Austin
- M.M., The Peabody Conservatory at the Johns Hopkins University
- D.M.A., University of Maryland at College Park
In Their Own Words
"I want my students to embrace and know their instrument. Beyond solid intonation and great technical facility, I want my students to be confidently versatile, [and] fully equipped with the tools to effectively convey personal artistry and move fluidly through the various genres they may encounter in their professional career."
"My teaching is sourced directly from my career as both a musician and as an independent artist. Not only do I feel it is of great importance to prepare my students musically, I also strive to educate students on the realities of what is necessary to create and sustain a career in this ever-changing music industry as a string player."