- Career Highlights
- Instruments include, fiddle, anjo, guitar, and voice
- Leader of Molsky's Mountain Drifters, with Berklee alumni Allison de Groot and Stash Wyslouch
- Member of Andy Irvine and Dònal Lunny's Mozaik, Transatlantic Sessions with Jerry Douglas and Aly Bain, Fiddlers 4 with Darol Anger, Michael Doucet and Rushad Eggleston, Rauland Ramblers with Arto Järvelä and Ånon Egeland
- Recordings with Rounder Records, Compass Records, Tree Frog Music, and others
- Feature pieces in Mother Jones, No Depression, Bloomberg News, Fiddle Magazine, The Old Time Herald, and others
- Produced albums for Joe Walsh, Mark Simos, April Verch, Karen Tweed, and Tatiana Hargreaves
- In 2015, produced "The Back of Winter" by new Berklee alumnus Adrianna Ciccone, which won her Instrumentalist of the Year at the Canadian Folk Music Awards
In Their Own Words
"We drill down on playing techniques unique to old time mountain music, in a nuts-and-bolts way so that students can use them in their own creative process. We listen to recordings of the old masters to feel the music the way that they might have. Learning to listen to recordings for the details is a skill itself that students can use in any style. Students come away with a repertoire of tunes and songs and a knowledge of where the music comes from."
"I spent my earliest years visiting old mountain fiddlers in the southern states, and was fortunate to have learned at the knees of some of the greats who are no longer with us. Their lessons in music and life, along with decades of study of old recordings, 25+ years of solo and band touring, studio production and teaching has given me a broad palette of experiences and playing techniques that I love to share with my students."