Benefits Open Enrollment for 2020
If you do not enter the system to make any changes, all of your current benefit elections will remain in place with the exception of any Flexible Spending Account (FSA) deduction you currently have. If you wish to have either a Health Care or a Dependent Care FSA election in 2020, you must make an active election during Open Enrollment.
After Open Enrollment ends, you will not be able to change your benefits again unless you experience a qualifying life event, at which point you will need to make any necessary changes within 30 days of the life event.
For help, see the Workday Open Enrollment guide
Download the Benefits Guide:
- Employee Benefits Guide for Benefits-Eligible Faculty and Staff
- Employee Benefits Guide for Temporary and Certain Faculty and Staff
Download Medical/Dental Plan Rates 2020
- 12-Month Pay Schedule: Staff and Full-Time Faculty
- 9-Month Pay Schedule: Full-Time Faculty
- Part-Time Faculty
Who is eligible for medical, dental, and insurance benefits?
- Full-time faculty
- Full-time staff
- Part-time faculty, as defined by the Faculty Contract Agreement
- Part-time staff whose job requires them to work 910 hours or more per year*
*Part-time faculty and staff who are not eligible for medical, dental, and life insurance benefits are still eligible for commuter benefits, dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs) and the 403 (b) retirement plan.
What benefits can I change during Open Enrollment?
- Change your medical plan enrollment for 2020
- Change your dental plan enrollment for 2020
- Enroll or re-enroll in a Health Care Flexible Spending Account for 2020
- Enroll or re-enroll in a Dependent (Day Care) Care Flexible Spending Account for 2020
- Request additional voluntary life insurance coverage. You will need to complete an Evidence of Insurabilty form for Berklee's insurance company. The insurance company will advise us if you are approved.
Important Reminder: You MUST re-enroll in a flexible Spending Account if you want to have an FSA account in 2020
Can I make benefit changes after Open Enrollment ends?
- Once Open Enrollment ends, no further changes will be possible.
- You will not be able to make changes to many of your benefits during the coming year unless you experience a qualifying life event, such as marriage or birth. You will have thirty (30) days to make changes after a qualifying life event.
What is not included in Open Enrollment?
403(b) Retirement Plan
You may start, stop, or change the amount of your contributions at any time during the year, not just during Open Enrollment, using either of these methods:
- Log in to your account www.transamerica.com.**
- Call Transamerica at 800-755-5801 to speak with a customer service representative between 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. EST from Monday through Friday.
You may start, stop, or change the amount of your commuting elections during the year, not just during Open Enrollment, using either of these methods:
- Log in to your account www.wageworks.com.**
- Call WageWorks at 877-924-3967 to speak with a customer service representative.
**Note: This is an outside website and it requires a seperate login.