Open Enrollment for 2019
Open Enrollment is your annual chance to make benefits changes for 2019. This year it takes place from October 8 to October 31, 2018, with your elected changes and enrollments effective January 1, 2019.
After Open Enrollment ends, you will not be able to change your benefits again unless you experience a qualifying life event, at which point you will need to make any necessary changes within 30 days of the life event.
Faculty and Staff Medical/Dental Plan Rates 2019
- 12-Month Pay Schedule: Staff and Full-Time Faculty
- Nine-Month Pay Schedule: Full-Time Faculty
- Part-Time Faculty
Who is eligible for medical, dental, and insurance benefits?
- Full-time faculty
- Full-time staff
- Part-time faculty, as defined by the Faculty Contract Agreement
- Part-time staff working 910 hours or more*
*Part-time faculty and staff not eligible for medical and dental benefits are still eligible for commuter benefits and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs).
Starting in fall 2019, you can enroll through Workday.
Starting in fall 2019, you can make changes to your benefits through Workday.
- Dental insurance plans: no rate increase
- Medical insurance plans: 3 percent rate increase
A 3 percent increase is great news because it's less than the general medical plan rate of inflation, which is running more than 6 percent.
Remember that you must enroll or re-enroll in an FSA if you want an FSA in 2019.
403(b) Retirement Plan
You may start, stop, or change the amount of your contributions at any time during the year, not just during Open Enrollment, using either of these methods:
- Log in to your account at trsretire.com. Read instructions for new users if needed.
- Call Transamerica at 800-755-5801 to speak with a customer service representative between 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. EST from Monday through Friday.
You may start, stop, or change the amount of your commuting elections during the year, not just during Open Enrollment, by either calling or visiting WageWorks at 877-WAGEWORKS (924-3967) or at wageworks.com.**
**This is a separate login from your medical/dental enrollment site.