All master’s degree program participants on the Valencia campus need a visa unless you are a citizen or legal resident of the European Union, Norway, Liechtenstein, Iceland, or Switzerland. Learn about obtaining a student visa to study at the Valencia campus.
Likewise, all master's degree program participants on the Boston campus need a visa unless you are a citizen or legal resident of the United States. Learn about obtaining a student visa to study at the Boston campus.
Applicants for whom English is a second language must submit the results of one of the following standardized tests. If you completed your undergraduate studies at an English-speaking university this requirement may be waived. Download a PDF with specific English requirements.
- TOEFL: iBT (internet-based): 100; computer-based: 250; paper-based: 600.
- IELTS: 7.5
- Cambridge English Language Exams: Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) or Business English Certificate (BEC) or higher
- Pearson Test of English Academic: 73
To send exam scores, you may be asked for a code that represents Berklee College of Music. The institution code for Berklee is 3107.
Transcripts for International Students
For applicants who attended university outside the U.S. or Canada:
- Transcripts from institutions outside the U.S. or Canada must be evaluated by an approved third-party credential evaluation service, such as World Education Services, International Education Research Foundation, or Education Credential Evaluators. Please request a course-by-course evaluation and ask to send the report to Berklee College of Music. Our mailing address can be found here.
- If you have not yet finished your degree, you must submit a credential evaluation report of all your courses/marks received so far. If you are admitted, you will be required to submit proof of graduation from college/university before attending Berklee.