International Applicants


All master’s degree program participants on the Valencia, Spain, campus need a visa unless you are a citizen or legal resident of the European Union, Norway, Liechtenstein, Iceland, or Switzerland. Learn about obtaining a student visa to study at the Valencia campus.

Likewise, all master's degree program participants on the Boston campus need a visa unless you are a citizen or legal resident of the United States. Learn about obtaining a student visa to study at the Boston campus.

English Exam

Applicants for whom English is a second language must submit the results of one of the following standardized tests. If you completed your undergraduate studies at an English-speaking university this requirement may be waived. Download a PDF with specific English requirements.

To send exam scores, you may be asked for a code that represents Berklee College of Music. The institution code for Berklee is 3107.

Please note that Duolingo is currently available for programs at the Boston campus only. Duolingo is not available for students applying to graduate programs in Valencia. 

Transcripts for International Students

For applicants who attended university outside the U.S. or Canada:

  • Transcripts from institutions outside the U.S. or Canada must be submitted via a credential evaluation service, such as SpanTran or Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE). Please request a course-by-course evaluation and ask to send the report to Berklee College of Music. Our mailing address can be found here.
  • If you have not yet finished your degree, you must submit a credential evaluation report of all your courses/marks received so far. If you are admitted, you will be required to submit proof of graduation from college/university before attending Berklee.

Request Information