Fall 2020 Virtual Internship and Job Expo
Thursday, October 1, 2020
12:00 p.m.–2:00 p.m. EST and 6:00 p.m.–8:00 p.m. EST
The Internship and Job Expo is an exclusive event for employers to connect with an exceptional pool of diverse talent pursuing careers in music business, production, composition, education, design, health and wellness, and performance, including dance and musical theater.
The expo will provide an opportunity for employers to speak virtually with Berklee talent over one-on-one messaging and live video chat. Employers with open and/or anticipated internships, full-time and part-time jobs, and freelance work are welcome to register. Undergraduate and graduate students from all majors, including alumni, will participate.
The virtual expo is a convenient way for employers to recruit Berklee talent. No travel is neccessary. Employers participate from anywhere. Minimal preparation is required. Here's how it works:
- A virtual booth is set up and staffed by two or more representatives from a specific organization or company. The virtual booth is hosted on the Berklee Career Manager, a platform powered by Symplicity CSM.
- The event takes place at two times on Thursday, October 1: 12:00 p.m.–2:00 p.m. EST and 6:00 p.m.–8:00 p.m. EST. Employers may register to participate in one or both times.
- During the event, student and alumni attendees join an employer's queue, and employers then invite each attendee to speak through one-on-one messaging or a live video chat for a period of between eight and 10 minutes.
- The Berklee Career Manager, the platform hosting the virtual expo, has universal video capability, which enables employers to use their preferred video call technology software (i.e., Cisco WebEx, Google Hangout, or Zoom) to speak with attendees.
- In addition to one-on-one messaging and video chats, an employer can opt to host a group chat so that they can provide an overview of their organization or company, and answer frequently asked questions.
- Representatives are able to access student and alumni attendees' résumés and other details, such as major and graudation date, prior to a virtual chat, and they can flag candidates of interest after the meeting.
Detailed instructions and training on how to prepare and use the virtual platform will be offered to employers starting in September 2020. In the meantime, employers can email Dustin Gee at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a time to further discuss the virtual platform and ask questions.
Registration is managed through the Berklee Career Manager.
For employers with an exisiting account, click here and log in. From the left-hand main menu, select Events > Career Fairs, and register for the Fall 2020 Expo.
Employers without a Berklee Career Manager account can access the employer registration form here. After submitting a registration form as a new participant, a Berklee Career Manager account will be created for you.
You will receive a confirmation email stating that your registration has been received.
For 2020, employer registration is free.
- Post your open positions on the Berklee Career Manager.
- Request to host a virtual information session this fall. Email email@example.com.
- Contact us directly via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (617-747-2246) to learn more about our recruitment services and to create a personalized recruitment strategy.
We take inviting employers to recruit on campus seriously, and our team of dedicated career services professionals aims to ensure that the employer experience is hassle-free and rewarding. We are proud to share that 100 percent of employer respondents have indicated on an event satisfaction survey that they would attend the Internship Expo again in the future.
Previous employer participants have shared the following feedback:
- “Students were extremely engaging and focused, which made the job of explaining BMF a lot more enjoyable.” —BMF Media
- “The hospitality was excellent, and the students were amazing.” —Kids' Orchestra
- “Super-organized, friendly staff. Great lunch. Very neat and organized. Students have a lot of resources and opportunities at their reach.” —Dance Complex
- “We are doing a wave of interviews/hiring in the next few weeks. A good handful of the students who reached out with their applications will get an interview! It was exciting to speak with students who had looked up our organization ahead of time and knew it was something they wanted to get involved in (of which there were a handful). Overall, I met and enjoyed speaking with so many wonderful students and found a great collection of prospective interns for when we start hiring in a few weeks!” —Creative Artists Agency
- “Perfect timing for our spring application window. The students were so prepared and professional. I truly felt hosted by the Berklee staff today. So much kindness. Students were all top-notch. Honestly, this was the most professional, fruitful, and well-oiled fair I’ve been to this season.” —SpeakEasy Stage Company
- “The room was cozy, and we did not get overwhelmed by the students.” —Arnold Worldwide
- “Not having the opportunity to provide information to students in person, this virtual meetup was extremely convenient and simple in order to provide prospective interns with information about our program.” —Columbia Records