- Career Highlights
- Leader of Sara Caswell Quartet, and Caswell Sisters Quintet
- Member of Esperanza Spalding's Chamber Music Society, 9 Horses, David Krakauer's The Big Picture, and the New York Pops
- Recordings include Caswell Sisters featuring Fred Hersch, Alive in the Singing Air; Sara Caswell, But Beautiful and First Song; 9 Horses, Perfectest Herald; Kishi Bashi, String Quartet Live; Nadje Noordhuis, Nadje Noordhuis; and Roseanna Vitro, The Music of Randy Newman
- M. M., Manhattan School of Music '06, jazz violin performance
- Artist Diploma, Indiana University '02, classical violin performance and jazz studies
- B. M., Indiana University '00, double major: classical violin performance and jazz studies
In Their Own Words
"As a violinist with a foundation in the classical and jazz traditions, my teaching philosophy is built around three objectives. First, giving students a technical grounding that will assist in their musical journey. Next, exploring jazz improvisation as one would a spoken language: through immersion, imitation, absorption, and innovation. And last, giving students the skills to be lifelong learners, performers, collaborators, and teachers."
"As a musician whose career is based largely on collaborations, performing, recording, and touring, I feel it essential to bring these experiences into the classroom. Although young musicians must follow their own path, I hope I can be a resource to them through the lessons I've learned, just as my musical mentors have been to me."