- Career Highlights
- Band leader of the Christian Li Group
- Band member of the Greg Osby 4, the Mike Bono Group, the Jared Henderson Quartet, and the Giaquintet
- Performances with Dave Liebman, Greg Osby, Chris Cheek, Joe Lovano, and Rich Perry, among others
- Recordings include Love's Last Lullaby (2013)
- B.M., Berklee College of Music
- M.M., New York University
In Their Own Words
"I look for ways in which I can help students without stepping on their feet. It's very easy nowadays to find all kinds of information and opinions on everything. My aim is to be a filter and to help a student find, process, and apply the material relevant to them."
"I seek to develop an individual's unique voice on the instrument. I'm happy if students walk away with a clear picture of who they truly are as a musician and an understanding of what they need to work on in order to cash in on that potential energy."
"Berklee brings together a community of over 4,000 young musicians and over 600 faculty members, and allows them to exchange and develop ideas in close proximity to each other. Before I came to Berklee, I wouldn't have thought it was possible to fit that many musicians into a few cramped city blocks. It's an amazing community to be a part of."
"I have been fortunate to play with a number of musicians whom I have long admired. No matter their age, status, or musical background, they all have a tireless commitment to artistic integrity and an intense dedication to their personal growth in not only music but all relevant facets of their lives. The development and awakening of these qualities, more than anything else, form the basis of my teaching."