- Career Highlights
- B.M., William Paterson College
- M.A., City College of New York
- Recordings include The Pirke Avot Project, Playdate, I Think I'll Keep You, Intention, and Amanda Monaco 4
- Leader of Deathblow and am4
- Resident musician at Congregation B'nai Jeshurun, New York
- Performances with Milt Hinton, Harvie S, Matt Wilson, and Wayne Escoffery
- Recordings with Fred Ho, Joe Phillips, and Noah Baerman
- Publications include Jazz Guitar for the Absolute Beginner and contributions to All About Jazz New York
In Their Own Words
"Berklee is so comprehensive and up to date with what's really going on in the music business. They tap into that in a way that I think other schools don't. And they're very realistic about what a musician needs to have to be a complete musician as opposed to just a player. The resources are vast, and students are getting a whole music experience, even before declaring a major. They have a foundation."
"My goal with every student is to keep things very simple, because I don't think it should be overwhelming. I went to an arts high school in New Haven, and the way the jazz band teacher approached the material was just fun. He presented it as something that was easy to do even though now I look back on it and think, 'Wow, that was a lot.'"
"We're focusing on the gaps that are in their learning, in terms of scales, arpeggios, and so on. One of the things I'm hoping to help them with is the grander scheme of things. Music school is a real head trip, and if I can help them stay focused on their goals and keep them positive and inspired and evolving, that's my goal."
"Some students, this is their first time away from home, and some of them are adjusting. Some of them need to remember to eat and sleep, take care of themselves. I gave laundry advice to a kid yesterday. Sometimes I feel like guitar teacher/mother hen, but I'm glad that I can be there for them."