Berklee City Music Awards Eight Full-Tuition Scholarships
Eight young musicians from underserved communities in Boston and across the United States have been awarded four-year, full-tuition scholarships to attend Berklee College of Music.
The scholarship recipients are all participants in Berklee City Music®, a nonprofit organization that delivers high-quality contemporary music education to youth from underserved communities at no or low cost. The Berklee City Music Network® is an association of 46 community organizations that serve more than 55,000 students in the United States, Canada, and Latin America each year. Since its inception, Berklee City Music has awarded more than 280 four-year, full-tuition scholarships, totaling over $20 million.
Berklee City Music celebrated the scholarship recipients in a ceremony and concert on Tuesday, August 10, emceed by Berklee alumnus and lauded producer, songwriter, and composer Theron Feemster '00. The scholarship presentation and concert marked the end of Berklee's Aspire: Five-Week Music Performance Intensive, which included 60 students attending the program on Berklee City Music Summer Scholarships.
2021 Berklee City Music Scholarship Recipients:
- Melina Laganas, Marblehead, Massachusetts
- Isabella Pavei, Lynn, Massachusetts
- Aidan Petersen, New York, New York
- Reggie Reed, Dorchester, Massachusetts
- Paul Reinhold, Belford, New Jersey
- Juhran Scott, Camden, New Jersey
- Christopher Sinisterra, Everett, Massachusetts
- Ja’meir Thompson, Camden, New Jersey