Berklee City Music Summit
One Sound, Many Voices: American Popular Music and Creative Youth Development
November 9–11, 2015 in New York City
Teachers College, Columbia University
Berklee City Music is coming to New York this fall for its fifth annual professional development event. Summit highlights include:
- Keynote presentations by Mary Luehrsen, Ernest Morrell, and Kirk Whalum;
- Panel discussion presented by the Sessions featuring Dom Famularo, Liberty DeVitto, Christine Ohlman, John "JR" Robinson, Neil Stubenhaus, and Paul Quin;
- Student workshop with Grammy-nominated artist and author Mindi Abair;
- Music industry panel featuring Meghan Milkowski, Dave Altarescu, Neil Gillis, Bill Sherman, Josh Gruss, and Ben Dorenfeld;
- Panel featuring students from City Music Network sites discussing best uses of technology in an educational setting; and a
- Student master class at Gramercy Theatre.
Attendees will engage in professional development, share best practices, network, create opportunities for collaboration, and leave with the tools needed to further the City Music movement—positively impacting youth development, primarily through popular music.
Thank You to Our Sponsors: