Technology for Majors and Minors

Once you declare a major or minor at Berklee, it is important to equip yourself with the tools necessary for mastery of your chosen course of study.

The major and minor hardware and software technology requirements are determined by the individual departments. They are purchased and owned by you. You are responsible for registering the software in a timely manner, saving receipts and documentation, securing additional insurance should you choose, and maintaining your good relationship with the manufacturer of your software.

If you declare a major in contemporary writing and production, film scoring, or electronic production and design, a major bundle will be billed to your account the first semester you are enrolled in the major. 

All major bundles will be sent out during the first week of classes at the beginning of each semester.

If you declare a major in music production and engineering or songwriting, or a minor in recording and production for musicians, you will be required to purchase individual software either from the Service Desk or from third parties.

If you enter the college enrolled in the Bachelor of Arts in music industry leadership and innovation program, you will not have any software requirements.

Major and Minor Technology Requirements

View major- and minor-specific technology requirements:

Contemporary Writing and Production

Electronic Production and Design

Film Scoring

Independent Recording and Production

Music Production and Engineering


Recording and Production for Musicians Minor