- Career Highlights
- Performances with Peter Eldridge, Steve Gadd, Abe Laboriel, Jacob Luttrell, and Meatloaf
- Recordings include Transitions and September in Boston: Live (Scott Tarulli Group)
- Recordings as a sideman include Alastair Mook's A Life I Never Had; Katrin's Soul Wide Open (producer and guitarist); and Lois Greco's Surrender
- Performed with the Black Eyed Peas and Kelly Clarkson at the 2004 Super Bowl and with Earth, Wind and Fire, Alicia Keys, and Lionel Richie at the 2008 Super Bowl
- Private lessons with Charlie Banacos and Bruce Bartlett
- B.A., University of Massachusetts
In Their Own Words
"My teaching style comes directly from being someone who struggled a lot with learning—in particular, with learning jazz and how to budget my time. Absolutely nothing came easy to me in music. As a result, I base my teaching around my students and help them to become problem-solvers. When they leave Berklee, my hope is that they're able to do things on their own and not be paint-by-number players."
"I have students who are really focused and ambitious. It's exciting for me when a student comes in ready for more and practices a lot. Students are so unique and you have to approach how you teach them differently."
"Berklee hires working, touring musicians. I tell a lot of stories about my professional experience. I want students to know that I'm in the scene, gigging a lot. I play many different kinds of gigs; I perform with singer-songwriters, rock groups, and jazz groups."
"I teach a styles lab for the working guitarist. We study different styles of comping and improvisation to make students well-rounded players. This will help them tremendously when they go out and gig. Even if their focus is heavy metal, if a singer-songwriter calls them up, they will able to go into that situation and play musically."