"For me, music is a medium through which the inner spiritual essence of all things is revealed and shared. Compositionally, I am interested in extending the voice of the traditional performer through technological means to produce a music that connects with the past, lives in the present and speaks to the future. Educationally, I am interested in helping students see technology as the most powerful instrument for the exploration, discovery, and realization of their essential musical nature—their inner voice."
- B.M., New England Conservatory of Music
- M.M., Virginia Commonwealth University
- Ph.D., University of California
- Performances with La Jolla Symphony Orchestra, San Diego Opera Orchestra, Boston Symphony Orchestra, and others
- International lecturer, author, performer, composer, and consultant in music synthesis
- Editor, The C Sound Book, M.I.T. Press, 1999
- Fulbright scholar; recipient of numerous other awards, honors, and grants