- Career Highlights
- Recordings with Ruby Braff, Gordon Brisker, Donna Byrne, Dick Johnson, George Masso, Billy Novick, Herb Pomeroy, and Daryl Sherman
- Recordings as leader with Tony Coe, Martin Drew, and Stan Tracey (Guitar on the Loose in London)
- Performances at jazz festivals in the U.S. and U.K.
- Fayetteville Manlius High School, Class Musician
- Alumnus, Berklee College of Music, arranging/composition
In Their Own Words
"Reading music on guitar requires only a counting system and the thing that is sometimes overlooked: a logical fingering system. Strong technique and ability to improvise, likewise, are enhanced with excellent materials such as my book Swing Jazz Guitar (Berklee Press). Providing fine accompaniment for singers and horns is also covered; this gives a player even more creative opportunity and prospects for getting gainfully employed."
"My musical journey has included rock, blues, classical, jazz, and theater. More recently, my identity derives primarily from staying busy with jazz gigs in groups of all sizes, including solo. Therefore I have a lot of repertoire, peak experiences, and philosophy to share with the student. Their success is mine also."