Housing and Meal Plan Rates
Housing rates are separated into three terms: fall, spring, and summer.
|Housing Prepayment (Nonrefundable)||$500|
|Fall 2021 Housing and Full Meal Plan||$9,413|
|Spring 2022 Housing and Full Meal Plan||$9,413|
|Fall 2021 or Spring 2022 Single Room and Full Meal Plan||$10,029|
|Fall 2021 Housing and Reduced Meal Plan||$8,262|
|Spring 2022 Housing and Reduced Meal Plan||$8,262|
|Fall 2021 Housing and No Meal Plan||$7,504|
|Spring 2022 Housing and No Meal Plan||$7,504|
|Summer 2021 Housing and Full Meal Plan||$8,000|
|Summer 2021 Three-Week Conservatory Intensive Housing/Meal Plan (Single)||$2,378|
Are there any important dates or deadlines I should be aware of?
View our Important Dates page for housing application and payment deadline information.
Applying for Housing (Incoming Students)
On-campus housing is guaranteed for all fall incoming students who fill out the Housing Agreement and submit the prepayment before the deadlines specified. Spring semester incoming students are not guaranteed housing.
- Step 1: Log in to your admissions portal.
- Step 2: Fill out the Housing Agreement before May 5. Make sure to read the entire agreement prior to signing it.
- Step 3: Pay the $500 prepayment before May 5.
- Step 4: Wait for further information sent from our office via email.
Students starting at Berklee during the spring 2021 semester can access the housing application via their admissions portal after their tuition deposit has been paid.
Applying for Housing (Returning Students)
- Step 1: Open the application, and read the Housing Agreement. You can find open applications on our home page.
- Step 2: Sign the Housing Agreement, and pay the $500 deposit prior to the deadline.
- Step 3: Wait for your priority number: all returning students offered housing get a priority number based on the number of semesters they have lived on campus.
- Step 4: Wait for further information sent from our office via email about the housing selection and waitlist process. See below for more information.
How does the room selection process work for returning students?
Returning students who have filled out the Housing Agreement and made the $500 deposit on time will receive communication from our office about the room selection process, which takes place in April. During this process, students will be able to select their room for the following academic year. The following important details cover more about this process:
- The person assigned the lowest priority number should pick the room for their group.
- Students who have been assigned a priority number cannot request to be roommates with someone on the wait-list.
- During the room selection process, students may not partially fill a room.
- If students who are assigned a priority number do not select a room during room selection, the Housing Office will assign them to a space.
I was placed on the wait-list for housing. What does that mean?
Students who are not initially offered a room on campus, but who have signed the Housing Agreement and made the $500 deposit will automatically be added to a wait-list for housing. Students on the wait-list will be entitled to a refund of the deposit only if they request to be removed from the wait-list prior to a room being offered.
Can I cancel my housing contract?
Students who fill out the housing application, pay the prepayment, and are offered housing will be responsible for paying the full amount stated in their contract. The only students permitted to be released from their housing contract are those who are withdrawing from the institution.
Students who have applied for housing on campus should not sign leases for off-campus housing.
I would like to live in a single room. Is this possible?
Our single rooms on campus are largely reserved for students who have approved medical accommodations through Accessibility Resources for Students. If you believe you have a need for a medical accommodation, please reach out to Accessibility Resources and complete their process before their advertised deadline. If you are approved for a medical accommodation and have been offered housing, you will be assigned to a room that meets that accommodation.
I am a returning student looking to live on campus again next academic year. How can I find a roommate?
During the month of April, the Housing Office sends out a form to any returning student who has been offered housing for the following academic year. Returning students looking for help finding a roommate should fill out the form once it is sent out.