Living off Campus
Whether you're just starting your off-campus housing search or have been living off campus since your first semester at Berklee, we have a number of resources to make sure you have the best experience possible.
Don't know where to start? Get tips for identifying your needs, starting your off-campus housing search, what you should know before signing a lease, and important information for move-in day and beyond.
On this page, you'll find:
- worksheets to help you compare properties and figure out your budget;
- a checklist of things to do before signing a lease; and
- City of Boston resources to become familiar with.
Off-Campus Housing Resources
Check out this page to view a variety of resources to help you with just about any situation, from local legal assistance to information on eviction.
Here you'll find:
- information on the rights of tenants in Boston;
- local legal resources; and
- name and contact information for City of Boston offices dedicated to tenant wellbeing and safety.
Off-Campus Housing Site
Students looking to live off campus should visit Berklee's off-campus housing site to search local listings posted by property managers, members of the Berklee community, and students from other local colleges and universities.
Using this site, you can:
- search off-campus housing listings;
- post your own listings;
- create and view roommate profiles; and
- share property listings with friends through social media.
Frequently Asked Questions
Get answers to the questions that are frequently asked by off-campus students, such as:
- Is it more expensive to live on or off campus?
- How can I sign up for a meal plan?
- What should I do if I experience an off-campus roommate conflict?
- How do I rent a drum locker?