Graduate Studies Department
Berklee’s Graduate Studies Department collaborates with faculty and academic leaders across the college to lead the master’s programs as well as postgraduate offerings, such as the Post-Master's Degree Fellowship.
The Graduate Studies Mission
Berklee’s master's degree programs prepare students to excel as performers, artists, and professionals. Berklee’s highly selective graduate-level programs apply cutting-edge music and performing arts technology, advance international music and entertainment business models, and promote diverse musical and performing arts traditions while also promoting performance excellence and innovation. Through focused and rigorous study, enhanced by close mentoring relationships with exceptional faculty, students reach their professional and artistic goals while gaining the knowledge and skills needed to prepare for careers and to serve as leaders in today’s music and performing arts industry.
Graduate Studies Objectives
The Graduate Studies Department aims to:
- offer a unified graduate studies program that delivers highly selective master’s offerings at the Boston, online, and Valencia, Spain campuses;
- attract excellent students committed to serious musical, performing arts, and professional study;
- attract superior faculty who are leaders in today’s music and performing arts industry and are devoted to student success;
- create the leaders of today and the innovators of tomorrow in the music and performing arts industry; and
- research, anticipate, and lead music, entertainment, and performing arts industry trends and developments.